Matt's RS ANH build May 2017

Mworm1974

Hi everyone,<br>

Thanks for the welcome and I must say I have already started my ANH build.<br>

I'm going to add some photos soon for comment to make sure I am on the right track.<br>

This is just to give everyone an update about me and my intentions.<br><br>

Home Garrison: Sydney<br>

Armour: RS ANH<br>

Boots: TK boots <br>

Blaster: hopefully 3D printed that will be accepted<br>

End Goal: Centurion and fun<br><br>

Before I go any further I would like to thank the guys who have already helped me so far, you all are amazing people and it does give hope that there are good people still in the​ world wogve their time for others.

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 1

hey neighbor across the ocean,always fun to see rs builds, it can be a tricky but movie screenshots are your best friend, aside from the mountain of information already on the fisd, oh, and everyone here of course! 

• Like 1

Best of luck! Centurion all the way! Not hard to achieve, just take your time and confirm as you go along. Looking forward to seeing progress pics when you get them up.

Hi everyone<br><br>

Here are my very very new TK boots, the guys at TK were awesome to deal with. This has made it a good starting point.

Edited by Mworm1974
Reduce attachment file size
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, here are some photos of the RS armour<br><br>

<br>

<br>

<br><br>

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,<br>

I have been working on the arms and I think I'm making good progress on them.<br>

What I'm going to do next is glue the inside cover strips before glueing the outside ones<br>

<br>

I still have to smooth off some edges especially around the wrists and the return edges but I think they are ok?<br>

Once I have done this I will post a photo with them in place on my arms.<br>

Matt

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 1

Hey Matt, I assume you're Wormy over on SCG?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Shaun,

Yep, that's me, I wanted that name on this one too but it would accept it when I was signing up.

Matt

• Like 1

Good luck with your build. I just started my rs build too.

Hi Johan,

Thanks for that and good luck with your build, I don't know if you have started the right forearm yet, I am finding it difficult to join the inside edge.

Are you going ANH or ESB.

Matt

• Like 1

Hay Matt, I'm enjoying your build thread, it's a small world, I worked in Sydney for a while 21years ago, had an apartment in circular quay , you live in a beautiful city

Regarding the inner cover strips on the right forearm, I fitted the inner front strip first, I did this in two stages, stuck it to one side first then the other

3311332fcbe4a06a4bc71060927b7e10.jpg

This is the bit I messed up with the heat gun... doh

7a2136ce9a537b7844cf9b4e0331ea3f.jpg

Like yours mine wasn't very flat on the inside

847b0a19dda22bf7460c435f430a2801.jpg

I taped it together and applied a bit of heat from the heat gun, in retrospect a hot water bath may have been easier, anyway I fitted the rear cover strip a side at a time

a63e9e2877f8120a3b82082bf736e54f.jpg

And held it together with brute force

f6815fa8558b0489571fb8d50809b0f3.jpg

8cd512e832ca5b828a47735c426de41d.jpg

Left it fir a couple of days and it's fine

The good thing about using E6000 glue is you can always undo what you have done, clean it up and put it back together, I glued that forearm twice before I got it right

Good luck

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shaun,

Yep, that's me, I wanted that name on this one too but it would accept it when I was signing up.

Matt

Haha I'm the other way around, I've used this name everywhere except at our garrison - don't know why I did that!

Hi everyone work is slow but progress is being made, I have just glued the inner and outer cover strip on one side of the left forearm.The right forearm I had to pull apart as the inner join looked like the apex of a roof which made the outside cover strip impossible to attach so I have used the boiling water technique to mould it a bit. Here is the left forearm.<br>

<br>

<br><br>

When I have reset the right forearm I will post a photo.

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 2

The right forearm I had to pull apart as the inner join looked like the apex of a roof which made the outside cover strip impossible to attach so I have used the boiling water technique to mould it a bit.

They are easy to glue if you know the right technique ;)

• Like 1

Hi all,I have managed to get all of the inner strips to stick after reading more posts on glueing and what I failed to do was wash down the armour and lightly sand the top iececs before applying the e6000. After I did that they all went together without a problem, so I'm going to complete the outer strips today.

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 1

I've got an RS props kit on the way to Sydney right now. I may have to hit you up for some pointers some time :D

You won't be disappointed with the RS kit, just read the excellent posts on here like matts, fragarock and crickets also look at the centurion request section that gives an excellent idea on what standard can be achieved. Also pandatroopers tutorials are worth their weight in gold.... enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Shaun, that's good news and like Stephen said you won't be disappointed, best place to start is to start looking at the completed build threads but keep in contact with current builders like Stephen as we can all help each other out. I have found that looking at the EIB and centurion applications very helpful. If you need e6000 for your build I found a supplier in QLD that I can give you if needed. Keep in touch and I will help if I can as I'm a beginner too. When you get your kit start by laying it all out and make sure everything is there but don't get overwhelmed by how much there is to do. One thing I do advise you to do is measure twice and cut little by little as you can't replace the material once cut. On a side note if you plan on doing inner cover strips there isn't enough ABS supplied with the kit so if it's not too late maybe get onto Andrea and see if you can get twice the amount of spare ABS shipped with the kit I picked this up from Frank who just finished his ANH kit for EIB. <br><br>

Matt

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

i have completed my shins and I decided to go with the bra hook closure. 

Left shin.

/36918195326_0229495eae_m.jpg /36918195056_f01dceb30b_m.jpg /36965101301_e00ace9a84_m.jpg 

The rear cover strip looks off centre but when it’s on my leg it  aligns vertically and before setting the sniper knee in place with e6000 I adjusted it to align with the shin front edge.

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right thigh with ammo pack just held in place by magnets

http://37444544131_4b62e78b06.jpg20171001-180106-2 by -matthewwormleaton-

http://36774372173_35d8154208.jpg20171001-180126-3 by -matthewwormleaton-

Edited by Mworm1974
  • Like 2