ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Build (Anovos)

Hello there everybody! Before I say anything else, this build will take a while. I don't have all that much free time during the week, so this will mainly be a project that I work on when I can. Also, this is my first build, so take that into account as well.

As I have said in my introduction post, I started building this kit, rushed through it, and it turned out like garbage. Luckily, the super glue I used was not strong at all, so I was able to get it apart (mostly). Some cover strips are still glued on some pieces, and there is some dried glue running/smeared on parts of the armor. I am tired of looking at this pile of parts sitting in my closet not being put together.

My ultimate goal is to have the armor done and ready to wear for celebration 2019. I was able to go to celebration this year and had a blast. I would like to go in my armor next celebration though.

Wish me luck.

Rob

• Like 2

Hello there everybody! Before I say anything else, this build will take a while. I don't have all that much free time during the week, so this will mainly be a project that I work on when I can. Also, this is my first build, so take that into account as well.

As I have said in my introduction post, I started building this kit, rushed through it, and it turned out like garbage. Luckily, the super glue I used was not strong at all, so I was able to get it apart (mostly). Some cover strips are still glued on some pieces, and there is some dried glue running/smeared on parts of the armor. I am tired of looking at this pile of parts sitting in my closet not being put together.

My ultimate goal is to have the armor done and ready to wear for celebration 2019. I was able to go to celebration this year and had a blast. I would like to go in my armor next celebration though.

Wish me luck.

Rob

There's a wealth of information available here at FISD. Take your time; do your research; ask questions when you need advice. It'll all work out. :jc_doublethumbup: 

Welcome Rob! Post some pics and let's get your kit going! Will you be shooting for Centurion?

I will not be shooting for centurion. My goal is to build the armor in a way that makes sense to me while still being able to be 501st approved, if that makes sense.

Ok. I've decided to start back on the build today. I'm going to be fitting the forearms. I, of course, have questions. Chief among them being how are they supposed to fit? I assume snuggly, but how snug? Also, are there supposed to be return edges on any part of them? I've been told to trim them, and I've also seen that they shouldn't be trimmed. I'm confused. Also, should I remove the cover strips I already have half glued? (pictured below)

20170101_191648_zpsxuosfvzk.jpg

Edited by MrGiggles

Hi Rob,

the best way to find the right size for the parts is to try it out. They should fit comfortably but not too loose. Use some painters tape to pre assemble the parts for fitting. You should start with the front of the forearm. The width of the cover stripe should define how you trim the front butt connection. Then measure how much trimming is necessary at the back. It makes sense to trim equally at both sides of the parts to get a consistent look of the forearms. Generally it is easier to fit the parts without the cover stripes. If you need to trim the part you have to remove them anyway.

About return edges: You can cut off all return edges of the lower side of the forearms (where your hands are) and leave some return edge at the upper side to make the armor look a bit thicker.

Good luck!

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

• 1 month later...