Andrew's First Build - WTF ANH Stunt TK

djmatrix09

14 minutes ago, djmatrix09 said:

Also, for those of you following along this holiday season... Inform Lord Vader that BB-61515's shuttle has arrived.

Mom and baby are doing great, so happy! 55bea9361789f0ac2446e2330d2f9c11.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Ā 

A hearty congratulations to you and yours, Andrew, and GREATĀ to hear that they are both well!Ā  Might as well start your youngling out on the right path:

Lhp9CLd.jpg?1

Ā 

• Like 3

I noticed my Chicago Screws are loosening on my belt. Any tips for keeping them fastened? I'm not sure if permanently fastening with glue is a good idea. Looking for ideas... Thanks!

19 minutes ago, djmatrix09 said:

I noticed my Chicago Screws are loosening on my belt. Any tips for keeping them fastened? I'm not sure if permanently fastening with glue is a good idea. Looking for ideas... Thanks!

Ā 

Congrats on your new addition. When you say loosening do you mean the screw from the post? If so just put some lock tight on the screw end this should fix your problem and you will still be able to remove them if needed.Ā 

• Like 1

Congrats on your new addition. When you say loosening do you mean the screw from the post? If so just put some lock tight on the screw end this should fix your problem and you will still be able to remove them if needed.Ā 
Perfecto! Thank you.

Congratulations Andrew. Now put that baby aside and get on with that Centurion Application!

Ā 

Just kidding. Hug your baby.Ā :ewok:

Congratulations Andrew. Now put that baby aside and get on with that Centurion Application!
Ā 
Just kidding. Hug your baby.Ā :ewok:
While baby was catching some Zzz's last night, I trimmed my forearms' return edge. Getting to Centurion will take a bit longer, but my wife is encouraging me to achieve that level of detail. Motivation comes from anywhere, you know. Lol

• Like 2

Got some great feedback on the ab shims, and got back into my shop to update the left side. Pulling three Rivets was a pain, but I got it figured out. Since I was working the ab plate anyways, I installed the right side snap as well. Here's hoping EIB is in my sights! Cheers! 5f001e1bf3c9d51920b7f16f455ad3d7.jpge1e215c1fd76bd555a7a4f1b129ccd13.jpg35bcd417d9d6e6222411cf096e8acd72.jpgf200a145364953dea56696f901384f94.jpg

I ran out of large clamps to do both side shims, so here's a quick pic of the right side shim curing. Used the same butt join method like the LHS, and all the other major joins. EIB is so close! 1c5063e17aa7af22cd17f41a1ed8411c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

First Troop! At a SC Stingrays Hockey game, with jersey auction/raffle proceeds going to Charleston Habitat for Humanity. What a blast. We got to accompany the ceremonial Puck drop, and walk the mezzanine. Crazy seeing people from work, and the public, and their general reactions to the armor. Loved every minute of it. Aside from a couple of armor bites on the calves, it trooped perfectly. cbf7ea4777cb8d43a3ae99878198f991.jpgd924785c3f80332f53fcfb81a48a87e1.jpgf57b51fb6b9d15b5e3b2cff2af55ffeb.jpg

• Like 4