Recommendations for where to purchase F-11D kit?

Hey everyone. I've been doing some research about the F11-D and was wondering where people suggest acquiring a kit? I have seen some on Etsy, but am not sure of the accuracy.

I really wish I had a 3D printer (still working on convincing the fiance -.-) to print one of Germain's masterpieces. For now I'm left with buying a kit.

So, any advice for where to look for a quality kit?

Thanks all!

Thanks for the link. I have to say that there are a lot of great guides here.

Has anyone purchased from these guys recently? If so do you suggest one over the other? 

F-11D Blaster

- The5thHorseman: http://www.whitearmo...-available-now/

-> Free 3D print files

- The5thHorseman and DDay: http://www.whitearmo...the5thhorseman/

-> Resin kit based on 3D files above

- VaderPainter Studios: https://www.facebook...104963979653289

-> Kit

- Kevin Merritt: https://squareup.com...orks/item/f-kit

-> Kit or complete 

I notice a few of the threads haven't had much activity in a awhile and wanted to see what the community opinion was.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to update my post. I ended up ordering from Heston on Etsy. The blaster is pre-assembled with LEDs included. They communicated really well and it was well packed for shipping.

You can tell that the blaster was 3D printed. I would have sanded it more before assembly, but I got a good deal on it assembled and such so I won't complain. From more than 3ft off, it looks really good. The build quality is well done. In all, I'm happy.

I recently purchased a 3D printer so, I'll be making my own version to indulge my inner perfectionist. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sanding only gets you so far with FDM 3D printing.  Optimally you would want to sand, then use a filler such as bondo or xtc smooth on,  Sand more (repeat until you are happy). Then paint. 3D printing gives you something to work with but it isn't a finished product. It is mainly why I stopped selling my kits assembled and finished. I'm a perfectionist and I just ended up working as slave labor to make the pistols/blasters perfect. 

• 7 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 2:07 AM, HellyTK1111 said:

I was considering the Heston blaster combo myself, can anybody speak to the quality of this purchase? Do the blasters hook on to the FO Stormtrooper holster? 

It is able to, but you have to add the screws yourself as it only comes with 3D-printed "screws".

9f8e6c9e9004a2376e57e87ec78057df.jpg

2befa30d7d482f54849d0ef5f13cc0f0.jpg

Quality is good, there is no surface finishing done, it's straight from printer to assembly. It is super light so great for trooping.

On 2018-02-18 at 3:53 AM, Ensi said:

It is able to, but you have to add the screws yourself as it only comes with 3D-printed "screws".

9f8e6c9e9004a2376e57e87ec78057df.jpg

2befa30d7d482f54849d0ef5f13cc0f0.jpg

Quality is good, there is no surface finishing done, it's straight from printer to assembly. It is super light so great for trooping.

That’s awesome! A couple of screws is no problem. Do the blasters come painted?? 

36 minutes ago, HellyTK1111 said:

That’s awesome! A couple of screws is no problem. Do the blasters come painted?? 

No, they are straight from printer to assembly. He just prints them in black/white material, silver parts are painted though!

38 minutes ago, HellyTK1111 said:

Ohh so the blasters come printed in their colours? They don’t require any painting do they?

Nope, out of the box ready to use! :) 

17 hours ago, Ensi said:

Nope, out of the box ready to use! :) 

That is awesome! It sounds like Heston’s blasters are probably the way to go for now, they offer a pretty legitimate price. 

I did message message the owner regarding the holster slide though. He told me that the blasters are NOT compatible with the FO Stormtrooper leg holster. Are there any links on here or elsewhere that discuss how you can modify the leg holster slide to accommodate a blaster? 

1 hour ago, HellyTK1111 said:

Oh really? But the blaster does fit in the leg holster? 

The "holster" is a raised ~210x30mm area with some slots for screws to hook into. It isn't an actual holster in the traditional sense... more like those cellphone belt clips.

35 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

The "holster" is a raised ~210x30mm area with some slots for screws to hook into. It isn't an actual holster in the traditional sense... more like those cellphone belt clips.

I know it is different than the traditional holster, I was under the impression that the blaster would slide into that raised piece on the leg.