First time trimmer

Hello all,

After seeing my first stormtrooper nearly 40 yrs ago it was a surreal feeling when I opened my box to see my very own staring back at me. A huge shout out to AP for that, absolutely stunning. Now that I have the Exacto knife in my hand my question is am I taking to much or to little? The edges still need some cleaning up but I dry fit it for the pictures. My main concerns, naturally, are the teeth and ears. I know there is supposed to be gap at the ears but I think there is to much gap in the back? When it comes to the teeth I started second guessing myself that I was going to low so I decided to reach out before I continue. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

50157b279858f842808d65a1968db43c.jpg

7084e1433319f3c10935f5bc857502ed.jpg

bdd786a4ab48a7f01aa01ece09795af1.jpg

bc51fab330c9dc7851c11caa7ea994a9.jpg

d6d95465d3a427edc297a2ca004b873f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark is absolutely spot-on, Kevin.  Great job!  The only thing I could suggest is to remove sand down the edges in the front of the right ear, (it looks a tiny bit ragged in contrast to the left one).  Probably not necessary, but I am kinda OCD, LOL.  The ears are the thing that give most people problems, but you have nailed it!

I would also take his advice about the eye openings and frown holes.  The easiest way to do this is with a set of needle files, which are available at Lowe's or the like, and less than $4.00 a set.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-6-Piece-Needle-File-Set/4777067

To smooth out the edges, I would also invest in a pack of 3-M silicone sandpaper:  https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-4-Pack-4-5-in-W-x-7-in-L-320-Grit-Premium-Film-Sandpaper/50191421

The cool thing about this stuff is that you can use it on your entire armor build!  It is flexible, will not tear, and seems to last forever.  (I used only 1 sheet on my last build).  To smooth out the edges of my eyes and teeth openings, I just wrapped it around the files.  Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much for the advice and the kudos. Now that I know I haven't gone to far in some areas it puts my mind at ease. I will pull it apart again, trim where suggested and I plan on hitting it up with some final touches. The right ear caught my eye as well. My plan was once I have it trimmed to where I want it I would hit it with the files and sandpaper. I like the idea of wrapping the file with the paper. Should be able to get a finer than the file that way. Is 320 the finest grit you go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk