Shin cracking..

Got some cracks in the top return edge on each one from stretching them open to get then on...I've tried fixing with little strip of abs glued under..but it always fails..just looking for ideas/suggestions.<br>

Thanks everyone

I have that crack I fixed it using this method, seems to have held well so far where a strip popped right off.

Ā 

32600697854_205438baaa_o.jpg

Armour - Repair

Ā 

Just don't use scissors on any excess or it might crack again and you'll have to fix it again. Ā Sand the excess away.

• Like 2

I have found a couple in places, I rough up the area with course sandpaper and cut and heat to mould a piece of abs plastic to the shape of the area, then glue with E6000, has worked great.

Ā 

As said above post some photos so we can see the issue.

Your return edge is way too big. I would reduce the return edge on the top of the shin to about a quarter of what you have it or you are just inviting further cracks in the future. The shin tops are the main area on the whole armour where the plastic is stressed when putting them on. A large return edge is not necessary.

It is logical. Think of it this way - a flat strip of plastic will flex a great deal. Add a return edge onto it and it becomes rigid. The bigger the return edge will add more rigidity whereas the less of a return edge will increase flexibility. This is why I keep my return edges to a minimum when I build armour for people. You only really need a wider edge on some parts of the torso for the original strapping system, if you are using it.

• Like 1