Going Centurion with RT-Mod: what works, what doesn't?

Hey everyone - question here for one of my garrison-mates who has RT armor and wants to go Centurion, however is concerned about the mods needed for the arms/legs, e.g. what to do about cover strips.

What are people doing that has worked without compromising the structural soundness of the build (e.g. as-is, they are pretty bullet proof)? Are you:

1. Just putting a new cover strip on the raised edge

2. Cutting off the raised edge entirely, butt joining, and putting a cover strip on?

3. Something else?

Thanks everyone!

I take door #1 for the block. I just trimmed both edges down and used coverstrips inside and out. The thighs left me two spots on edge detail that I had to fill in as Rob trimmed mine for overlap. Didn't know to tell him I was doing coverstrip when ordering. But it was an easy fix. Hope that helps Paul.

Hey everyone - question here for one of my garrison-mates who has RT armor and wants to go Centurion, however is concerned about the mods needed for the arms/legs, e.g. what to do about cover strips.

What are people doing that has worked without compromising the structural soundness of the build (e.g. as-is, they are pretty bullet proof)? Are you:

1. Just putting a new cover strip on the raised edge

2. Cutting off the raised edge entirely, butt joining, and putting a cover strip on?

3. Something else?

Thanks everyone!

Well, you've seen mine in person now.  Seems mostly bullet-proof.  Your garrison mate can certainly have a look through my build thread.  It went to Centurion without issues.  

I used inner and outer cover strips to reinforce the joints on mine.  Has held up quite well, I'd say.

• Like 1