RS helmet build "mr no stripes"

Got my 40th anniversary helmet kit from RS today and started on the eyes, going after mr no striped replica i notice he has a clean right eye and a bit of a sleepy left, mine is over exaggerated at the moment as i didnt want to remove too much ill definately remove a little more, i also think i cut the right eye a bit too much and a bit too round

sorry for giant images, but hey more detail lol

IjZHHXX.jpg

Edited by MrSnrub

got the teeth cut out yesterday and the eyes a little more shaped, taking my time with this and goin real slow,

also what is the best color match to the khaki of the origional helmets? i would like to add some chipped paint effects

heres where im at so far with the faceplate, how do the teeth look?

hYRQkQk.jpg

I'd personally open up the teeth some more as Mr No Stripes actually had pretty open teeth where a lot of the "return edge" of the teeth was removed.

Here's my MNS as I was cutting the teeth out compared with a screen shot:
MNSvsMine_zpsa43fa822.jpg

Here's mine trying to compare paint chips to a screenshot:
Mr%20No%20Stripes%20in%20progress_zpseme

The end result turned out pretty good:
Andy%20and%20MNS_zpskscz4t5r.jpg

While this MNS was a CAP-W, I'm currently using an RS to recreate the squad leader that entered the gantry and released the droids.... Anyways, best of luck! Mr No Stripes is awesome...I love trooping in him!

• Like 2

This is the colour you want to strive for:
IMG_3404_zpsdb66aa2f.jpg

Without custom ordering some paint, I found it hard to source out here in Canada so I went this readily available can of camouflage paint (centre). It is not exact (a little too brown), but looks good enough as chips on the bucket:
IMG_3544_zps438bd1f4.jpg

This was my ESB chipper helmet before painting white:
IMG_3453_zpsc6a9d03c.jpg

This is what I used to mask the chips out. Others have had good success with plain latex paint though:
IMG_3545_zpse3dfbd46.jpg

Thanks for the helpful info again! Im trying to put the faceplate and back togeather but whenever i allign one side the otherside Is unalligned and off by quite a bit :s<br><br><br>

Edit: i think i manged to get it lined up ive jusy been playing with it for hours but im gettin real close, should have it built up tomorrow hipefully with some pics :)

Edited by MrSnrub

trying to recreate the mr no stripes brow, the brow is easily adjusted to the way i want

some adjusted brow photos

IGuJiWn.jpg

Edited by MrSnrub
  • Like 1

rocking the mr no paint,

ordered humbrols, #5 admiral grey and coal satin black #85 and some stencils from trooperbay,

q8niUlM.png

also not looking forward to inserting the mic tip mesh

edit:i think i finally figured out how to get pictures to stay now

Edited by MrSnrub

moved the ears up a millimetre or two, and i got rid of all the squeaking when handling the helmet i think i may tweak the left ear (viewers pov) but for now I'm happy, also the brow is able to be moulded to where i want it as its quite tight, i can get a lot of varied out of it lol.

still waiting on paints and stencils from trooper bay 

Edited by MrSnrub

was playing with the left ear yesterday as i noticed it was on way to much of an angle i bought it back and tried to recut it to fit, and ended up with this, urgh, guess ill have to  get another left ear and have another go at it :/  looks ok from the side but not the front
My paint should arrive tomorrow also

A87dMmF.jpg

MAbCZep.jpg

Edited by MrSnrub

i took my helmet screws apart and riveted it together to seal the look of my helmet as the left side from the views had this weird thing with the tube goin on and had to settle for a crooked brow like these guys to sort it, i got my paints and got a light coat of grey so its easy for me to clean up, ill get a second nice coat and follow my lines, next post will be finished bucket

i need to replace the ears and cut them flat, i followed the the lines drawn on the helmet at the beginning,i have asked for a new right ear i might get a new one so i can fix the gap a bit and cut it flat, i might adjust the brow a bit too

bHjcnty.jpg

MuBHeKh.jpg

Edited by MrSnrub

well unfortunately i wasn't happy with how my mr no stripes looked so i opted for mr crooked brow instead lol really happy with how my painting came out as i thought i sucked at it! few little touch ups here and there but this lid is done!(waiting on some new ears) sorry for the false advertisement in the title haha! :duim:

O7ggLDT.png

• Like 1