Chest to back plate strapping?

Anybody do this? On the sides. Just looking for photos or suggestions on the best way. Velcro, snaps, elastic? It's an AM 2.0 kit if that matters. Think it will look better if I sinch them together to hug against my body more.<br>

Thanks<br>

TK 66051

Hi,

Try heating your shoulder straps to bend a little tighter to bring the chest plate and back in more. What you will find is once you put the elastic on the straps it will cause the 2 halves to spread more like a shell, whereas if you over bend it almost like you have to spread them more to fit in may help.

Think I wasn't clearenough on this..but thanks for the reply. .between your chest plate and the back plate. To hold them closer to you..my chest or back float away from my body, looking to connect them

I think I know what you mean, Matt.  I haven't seen this done before, but you could try some black elastic (1 or 2 inches wide) about half-way down on either side.  I would use Velcro to hold the ends down as this would give you the mobility you need.

I had the same trouble with my AM2 armour, the trick I found was to reduce the returns on the pieces, mine are about 5 mm, then do the boiling water trick to gently coax the pieces a bit straighter, rather than the tight angle that make the armour look like its pushing away from your body, the first time I did a quick fit, the chest was a few inches away from my chest, same with the back.

Caution though, if your going to use boiling water to reshape, go slow and protect your hands, plus watch the returns as they get stretched, you can crack them easily.

I found on mine that once I attached the shoulder bridges, they still did not centre up on the back attaching area (if that makes sense), there going to need fine tuning a bit before I am 100% happy.

Oh, and if your going to use this method, keep an eye on the attaching area as it might twist, and that creates a point that digs into you.

Hope that helps, you could look at my build (as much as I have done), but I'm not sure it's any clearer :)

Edited by Artshot
  • Like 1