BGeek

Hello from Seattle

Greetings from Seattle! I've never built armor but have seen several kits built up from friends in the 501st. I was at Celebration this year and finally caved. I purchased a set of FO-TK armor from ANOVOS at the con. I'm very aware of ANOVOS's delivery record from friends that purchased armor from them but I'm a patient guy so we'll see.

I actually purchased a FO TK  Helmet from the Star Wars Cargo Bay in Hollywood Studios during Galactic Nights (annual passholder discount ftw). They quoted me 5-10 week delivery and 5 days later it was at my door! So until the armor gets here, I am going to kit out the helmet with all the awesome gear you can add.

How accurate is the ANOVOS FO TK helmet to what's necessary for basic 501st approval? Any help there would be appreciated.

Anyways! I'm excited to join the community. Everyone here seems passionate and helpful! See everyone out there!

EDIT: Spelling (derp)

Edited by BGeek

Welcome, When you get a chance, head on over to the Garrison Titan forum and say Hi.  We have a monthly Meet & Greet in Renton, and we would love to meet you.  www.garrisontitan.com

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bobby and welcome to FISD!  Congrats on your armor purchase.  Check out the FOTK builds so you can become familiar with it when it finally arrives.  Make sure you start your own build thread as well.  Have fun and good luck!

Welcome to the FISD Bobby! Good Luck Future Trooper!

Welcome. :)

The Anovos FO TK helmet is perfectly acceptable for basic 501st approval as-is, although you may want to make some mods based on personal preference. Which version do you have - the standard (plastic) or premium (fiberglass)?

Greetings from Seattle! I've never built armor but have seen several kits built up from friends in the 501st. I was at Celebration this year and finally caved. I purchased a set of FO-TK armor from ANOVOS at the con. I'm very aware of ANOVOS's delivery record from friends that purchased armor from them but I'm a patient guy so we'll see.

I actually purchased a FO TK  Helmet from the Star Wars Cargo Bay in Hollywood Studios during Galactic Nights (annual passholder discount ftw). They quoted me 5-10 week delivery and 5 days later it was at my door! So until the armor gets here, I am going to kit out the helmet with all the awesome gear you can add.

How accurate is the ANOVOS FO TK helmet to what's necessary for basic 501st approval? Any help there would be appreciated.

Anyways! I'm excited to join the community. Everyone here seems passionate and helpful! See everyone out there!

EDIT: Spelling (derp)

Cheers! 

I am also a member of Garrison Titan, though you will find me here on the FISD mostly.

Welcome to the FISD & soon Garrison Titan. As the Garrison Titan membership liaison, I'll be the person approving your costume. Do head on over there to garrisontitan.com/theboard and introduce yourself. The ANOVOS helmet is fine for 501st approval.

While it's months away from getting your armor, what I recommend to a lot of local folks is to invest the funds in to an Imperial Crewman or Officer so...

1. You can actually become a 501st member and start trooping ahead of time.

2. You will want a soft costume anyway at some point in case your armor is in repair, or you don't have time/room to pack it.

Welcome. :)

The Anovos FO TK helmet is perfectly acceptable for basic 501st approval as-is, although you may want to make some mods based on personal preference. Which version do you have - the standard (plastic) or premium (fiberglass)?

I got the standard this time. Next one will likely be premium/fiber glass.

Welcome to the FISD and to Garrison Titan!  Hope to meet you at a future meet & greet or event.

Welcome to the FISD & soon Garrison Titan. As the Garrison Titan membership liaison, I'll be the person approving your costume. Do head on over there to garrisontitan.com/theboard and introduce yourself. The ANOVOS helmet is fine for 501st approval.

While it's months away from getting your armor, what I recommend to a lot of local folks is to invest the funds in to an Imperial Crewman or Officer so...

1. You can actually become a 501st member and start trooping ahead of time.

2. You will want a soft costume anyway at some point in case your armor is in repair, or you don't have time/room to pack it.

That's a great idea! I've been looking at the Reserve Pilot as it seems pretty straight forward and can be used as part of the Tie Pilot as well. I'll head over to the Titan forums and introduce myself! Excited to meet you all.