If you had a choice....

Ah so its just too thin in areas. I helped trim out some of the 1st Anovos armors ( a few pieces) and it was very brittle then. No way you could score and snap those.

Not that it matters but I guess I'm a bit confused when you say brittle but won't snap. Most material that is "brittle" means it's non pliable, and generally snaps or breaks easily.

In my experience with the Anovos armor I sometimes find it easier to cut through it then attempt score and snap due to the lack of thickness OR the material is too pliable (not brittle enough) to break free.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

I love my MTK. Fulfillment time was a big factor. The more I hear about Anovos, the more I would never buy from them. So many issues with customer service alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it matters but I guess I'm a bit confused when you say brittle but won't snap. Most material that is "brittle" means it's non pliable, and generally snaps or breaks easily.

In my experience with the Anovos armor I sometimes find it easier to cut through it then attempt score and snap due to the lack of thickness OR the material is too pliable (not brittle enough) to break free.

Your thoughts?

I had this issue a few times. When you go to snap it just bends and sort of rips rather than snapped. Then you have to get the scissors on it and then sand the mess. I don't recall what parts though sadly.
  • Like 1

I would go for MTK (or more likely another vendor, due to my height) over a second Anovos suit, mostly because of spare parts availability and durability.

The Anovos armor is actually really really nice, and very accurate (other than the cloth belt and some easily-corrected helmet details).  But the customer service issues, and overall durability (lack) combined with the lack of spare part availability, all combine to make it hard for me to recommend them anymore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike - I think it may be helpful to get a "What would you want changed in MTK armor" thread separate from this one. I think the ANOVOS team had all the right ideas, but between manufacturing in China as well as the Disney change management oversight and process, they got in a tough pickle. There are many things they are simply not allowed to do without a lot of red tape, which keeps them from being as agile as I'm sure even they want.

The opinions in this thread are reflected in this detachment overall I think, however I'm not sure the rank and file trooper on the ground would know overly much about MTK and say how it is different from ATA or WTF. It may be worth a summary write up that an attache or GML can use a quick reference. For instance MTK lead times are much lower than other fan made kits, and to date I've not heard anything but positive about the quality of the kit. So far those have been reasons I hear for people going MTK.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. I had some choices to make and I figured I would shoot this across the bow and see whats what. It seems that even as popular as Anovos has been, troops still prefer the fanmade sets and that is awesome. The improvement posts are off topic but thats generally how it goes, lol. I was just curious what might need to be changed. Thanks for your input everyone.

Hey Mike - I think it may be helpful to get a "What would you want changed in MTK armor" thread separate from this one. For instance MTK lead times are much lower than other fan made kits, and to date I've not heard anything but positive about the quality of the kit. So far those have been reasons I hear for people going MTK.

Great idea  :jc_doublethumbup: