So Many Lies In This eBay Auction

BoomerTrooper

This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of why buying armor on eBay is a horrible idea.  

Star Wars Stormtrooper Armor Gerardo Follano GF Helmet, Armor Package 

In the opening sentence the seller says that he's a 501st member.  Now, whether they really are remains to be seen, but (in my opinion) it's a pretty big A-hole move to post a version 2 GF helmet and armor in the first photo (lifted right from the "Star Wars Helmets" website) then posts pics of the REAL helmet that you'd get if you bought the armor, which is actually an FX  helmet and armor.  (essentially getting by on a 'technicality') 

This move infuriates me when I see people do it because they KNOW they're bait and switching an inexperienced person which instantly would put a bad taste in my mouth wondering if all 501st members are this shady.

You can click the "report item" link and chose the copyright and trademark option, then counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer and finally counterfeit, fake or replica item. Then it will give you a text box where you can type a brief description. 

• Like 1

I might be a lowly FNG here, but something feels WAY off on this listing. First off, wouldn't a member of the 501st know to call it the "501st" instead of the "501?" Second, wouldn't a member know that once his armor is approved for membership, that approval does not transfer with the armor should he actually sell it?

• Like 2

The fist picture is not accurate to the armor sold, BUT, this armor could be a GF.

History lesson, FX armor is a recast of the first version of GF. Follano is the guy that sculpted this armor. Wookie Cantina sent an armor in Mexico, got it recasted and mass produced their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received confirmation that this is actually an original GF from 1997. But, not worth the price, far from it.

The fist picture is not accurate to the armor sold, BUT, this armor could be a GF.

History lesson, FX armor is a recast of the first version of GF. Follano is the guy that sculpted this armor. Wookie Cantina sent an armor in Mexico, got it recasted and mass produced their.

Right. I know that -- hence, the 'technicality' that they can sell it as a GF, but that's not what they're doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marco sculpted the original armour before GF took over the reigns (legally or not I don't know). But yes, the armour in the auction is a GF.