"Lightly Scuffed (Battle Worn)" for L2/L3

Ragtooth

I'm currently assembling my kit and will be applying for HWT fairly soon.<br><br>

I love the "battle worn" look as it no doubt gives it an increadible sense of authenticity. I note, however, that one the benefits of going HWT is that one could drop a few accessories and go "regular TK". I know that I could probably clean up the armor but I'd hate to have to do that.<br><br>

So I'm wondering whether there is any benefit to keeping all "shiny white"? Will there ever be a "need" to ditch the HWT and go only Stunt TK? I mean if George Lucas calls us in Miami and says, "Hey, I need 50 of your best TK's", I am tooling myself out of an appearance (I know that's never going to happen but you know what I mean, LOL). <br><br>

Also, am I technically not qualifying for Stunt TK if the armor is battle worn (no mention in the Stunt TK CRL re being battle worn)<br><br>

Thanks again guys. This journey into the 501st is fun!

I've stayed clean. I do a lot of library events with Vader and it's easier indoors without the pack and I think Vader needs a regular TK by his side.

I save the HWT for outdoor events (including the antenna)

LOL - That's what I thought but had to ask!<br><br>

Speaking of BFG's, I'm thinking of tracking down a T-21. I already bought a DLT-19 but love the look of the T-21. Can't have too many guns, after all!

• Like 1

There's generally no allowance for weathering in any level for TK's. You'd be lucky to get approved, let alone L2 or L3.

I mean if George Lucas calls us in Miami and says, "Hey, I need 50 of your best TK's", I am tooling myself out of an appearance (I know that's never going to happen but you know what I mean, LOL)

It does happen. We often get Disney requests for official events. They need to be certain characters (normally TKs, maybe a Vader) and of certain heights/weights. I guess trying to get similarly sized characters that will look better grouped together. These are also paid appearances too.

I'm currently assembling my kit and will be applying for HWT fairly soon.<br><br>

I love the "battle worn" look as it no doubt gives it an increadible sense of authenticity. I note, however, that one the benefits of going HWT is that one could drop a few accessories and go "regular TK". I know that I could probably clean up the armor but I'd hate to have to do that.<br><br>

So I'm wondering whether there is any benefit to keeping all "shiny white"? Will there ever be a "need" to ditch the HWT and go only Stunt TK? I mean if George Lucas calls us in Miami and says, "Hey, I need 50 of your best TK's", I am tooling myself out of an appearance (I know that's never going to happen but you know what I mean, LOL). <br><br>

Also, am I technically not qualifying for Stunt TK if the armor is battle worn (no mention in the Stunt TK CRL re being battle worn)<br><br>

Thanks again guys. This journey into the 501st is fun!

The ONLY reason the HWT has become so popular is because you have the option to go clean or dirty.

If you like being dirty, weather your armor. If you like being clean, don't weather. That said, I've seen quite a few HWT out there with no weathering which is out of character and it doesn't look correct. I personally like being clean more than dirty so I haven't trooped as a HWT in quite a while because of that very fact. 

I encourage everyone to stay true to the costume theme.  :D