available helmet kits

I bought an ATA bucket last year. I recently finished it alone with adding Aarons interior kit. This kit was vacuformed abs and accurate to film standards. I'm looking for a kit just like it for a tie fighter or AT AT driver. I'm also looking for a snowtrooper helmet kit. Were these helmets made from the same materials as the stormtrooper TK helmets, or did they use fiberglass or other materials. I'm more of a collector with the ambition of keeping these as close as possible to film accurate, weathered and beaten. I won't be wearing them, only displaying. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. I did find a source for lukes x wing kit and that's vacuformed abs. So my asks are, materials used on the originals, and where might I find one. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Search WTF: Walts Trooper Factory in our vetted seller. I'm positive he will be able to help with the helmet you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As with any costume research is the key

Tie Fighters info here https://www.jrs501st.com/forums/index.php

ATAT info here  -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

Hi Kevin.  Yes research is key like Glen mentioned.  However, we get very spoiled over here at FISD.  Everything is within our fingertips and stuff is available from a multitude of vendors and with typically minimal wait time.  The same can't be said for other costumes.  I know from experience that finding an accurate Tie helmet is difficult.  There are handful of vendors of Tie helmets but they are all different looking.  Some of the more accurate helmets are from vendors that have extremely long wait times like Dan Laws and Moncal.  I narrowed my decision at the time to The Shed of Glittering Delights because I liked the way the helmet looked.  However, when this past Black Friday rolled around I took advantage of the Anovos tie helmet.  I'm happy with it but still don't know how accurate it is.  Another option is to check out Radu Plucinsky on facebook.  I kinda like how his stuff looks.  I hope I have helped atleast a little.   

I have a multi piece ABS helmet and a one piece fiberglass and resin helmet. There are pros and cons to each. I do however prefer the resin helmet. Every TI helmet I've seen varied in size from maker to maker. So which is more screen accurate? I've no idea I'm afraid. It basically boils down to personal preference really. Some people like the big helmets and others don't. WTF makes really nice TI kits. Targ over at JRS probably makes the nicest TI armor I've seen. You can get his in either kit or what he calls "the full monty" that's ready to wear out of the box. I got my ABS armor and helmet kit from another maker over at JRS. It's not quite as nice as Targ's or Walt's kits but I'm happy with it and the price was right, not to mention no real wait time.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-TIE-helmet-costume-overview.htm

"black vacu-formed plastic" and looking at the images I suspect ABS is pretty much a certainty. You can also see what the vac forum com-pads looked like as there's one stuck to the back of a helmet.

RS Props actually makes some really nice TIE/ATAT helmets, they also have a Snowtrooper, and so does Troopermaster here on the boards. All of them were made fromvac formed plastic. For Fett related helmets, they were fibreglass and you'll find those sellers on "the dented helmet" forum.

Thanks guys.great info as always. I would like to look into the vacuformed helmets seeing how it seems they were used on the original film props. It may seem odd Im trying to use the same material vrs fiberglass or resin, however, all my other props I have made besides my r2d2, have been really close to the same as the original.

RS Props actually makes some really nice TIE/ATAT helmets, they also have a Snowtrooper, and so does Troopermaster here on the boards. All of them were made fromvac formed plastic. For Fett related helmets, they were fibreglass and you'll find those sellers on "the dented helmet" forum.

How would I get in touch with troopermaster?