TK-8020 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [TM] [326]

Daetrin

Lookin' good, Paul. Your shins fit tightly at the ankle like mine. We look like twins. :)

They are the TM taller shins. I can't get the normal ATA/TE2 ones to fit, so even on older suits I used RT shins. I actually look like a stormtrooper now (not so much black), but for the first time understand what restricted mobility most people have :)
  • Like 2

I'm here to see Tony or Andrew's feedback on the boss!

hahahhaha!      This should be a slam dunk Paul!   Early Congrats to Centurion!!!

#Iwasthere!    :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Haribon72
  • Like 2

Great job on your armour Paul, I'm back in Australia now, so tony and I will be with you once we catch up on these apps :P

• Like 5

:popcorn:

Nice work, Paul! 

BTW, now that you have used the system, let me know if there are any changes to the photo checklist that could help make the process any smoother.

• Like 1

Hey Jeff:

1. The pink padding is to keep my kidney from flaring inwards towards the small of my back. In my last TE2 TK, I actually used padding in the back of my back plate & butt plate, but I tried that on the TM and after several attempts, found that just needed two squares in the kidney.

2. Personally I find the updated visual guides highly useful. When I first went EI I had the items memorized, but with there being so many things for Centurion it would be easy to forget something, and more critically to know everything that the DO's wanted. This kit was already EI when I got it and most of the way to Centurion, but even still it showed me what was left to do.

• Like 3

Good point - I'll try to work on that. Alas the shoulder straps are glued low down in front - ideally I could get a replacement chest/back/straps and re-glue them differently to better fit my body.

Not sure how TM is on replacement parts though..

Very nice Paul...love the shine.

A novice eye here...right side thigh seems it can be trimmed to get rid of the pointy ends.  Seems like they can't be comfy.  Do these stick into you when you walk?

I'll be up after you soon!

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, what do we have here!!!, It's our fearless leader Daetrin, finally submitting for Centurion. Oh boy, we've been waiting for this one Lol :D
But on a serious note, thank you for your application, lets get into it.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. After a small team of us went to work on this armour during Celebration Orlando, thank you guys you know who you are, this armor now contains all necessary elements to qualify you for Centurion. Congratulations Paul, and about bloody time :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

On  another note, Paul is the 300th approval Tony and I have done since we started as Deployment officers, and it was a pleasure to do this approval for Paul in person. 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

Well, I've heard of the saying "dont get your undies in a twist", but I have never seen a cod strap in a twist, until now Lol!

post-2-0-40524400-1492625125_thumb.jpg

If there was anything else we would suggest, it is to consider trimming down or taking the corners off the top of the thighs so they cant dig into you.

HKEqmZ3.jpg

You look great boss, carry on. :jc_doublethumbup:

P.S.  You will need to edit your own profile to add your Centurion badge, as we do not have access to modify an Administrator  :D 

• Like 1

Well, I've heard of the saying "don't get your undies in a twist", but I have never seen a cod strap in a twist, until now Lol!

I thought it was a nice touch lol  :laugh1:

Another big congrats Paul   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 3

I'm still blown away by it all. Yes, I may be the founder, etc. but that doesn't take away from the joy and what a magical moment it is for *any* trooper who gets that big sigh of relief that they passed and then the elation of finally hitting it. For some people the journey is pretty fast between 501st approval, EI, and Centurion. For me it's been nearly 12 years in the making.

Can you believe this was me in 2005?

DSC02374.jpg

Finally in July 2007 I got my Expert Infantry, exactly on FISD's 1st anniversary coincidently. I was EI #2 as Scott M. beat me to being #1 (good on Scott) :). Alas, those pictures I think have been lost

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1220-tk8020-requesting-anh-deployment02te2/

And then the second EI actually took me 2 tries, as the first one there were too many fitting issues. Finally on January 2011, I got EI#2.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14023-tk-8020-requesting-esb-eib-status-2ndte2/?hl=8020

FAIL!

eSB_EIB_3_Back.jpg

PASS!

5398515875_a16ff7d7bd_b.jpg

5398518131_5a097507cd_b.jpg

And then...years of just wistfully longing for Centurion once that program was launched. So, lest you think the DL gets an easy pass...ha!

And, I'm not done yet. This weekend while the wife is out of town, down to the basement I'll go and re-do the straps and also re-glue on the hand guards. Think getting Centurion is the end? Nope! There is always room to improve and I'm not satisfied yet.

To all those who are thinking of going EI/Centurion but feel it's out of reach, fear no more! You can do it! Even if you need help. Heck, I had a ton of help along the way:

* Steve (Rotton) in my local garrison for helping me assemble my very first TK back in 2005

* Terry Chui for helping me dial in my suit to get EI#2

* Brian (tkrestonva), Vincent (from IPB), Andrew (Sly), Tony (ukswrath), Joseph & Aaron (Pyrates) for devoting time at their Celebration to help me dial in this suit and take it all the way.

I'm highly indebted to these folk, as otherwise I'd still be mucking with strapping, rivets, and whatnot. You guys are all aces!

• Like 7

"Think getting Centurion is the end? Nope! There is always room to improve and I'm not satisfied yet."    Wow, now THAT'S the spirit!!!!  Glad to part of the "pit crew", and a huge congrats to you!!!   :jc_doublethumbup: 

• Like 1

Joseph, you are too awesome! Man, I'm tearing up, sniff. :)

I'll post pix of my updated strapping this weekend for sure, as I plan on trooping too. Why not, it's Free Comic Book day and our garrison will be having events at 6+ locations in the Seattle area.

• Like 3

A definitive congratulation on achieving the centurion level! We can only guess at the amount of time you spent contributing to FISD. Seeing that you still have time to bring your armor to the highest level is simply inspiring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1