New Build! Anovos Kit *Soon*

heartstopper85

Gave in over SWCO and bought a Anovos First Order Kit with helmet which I was told will be the updated bucket from The Last Jedi.

So thankful for the resources here! Going to start working on getting my soft goods in order over the summer while I'm waiting for my kit.

Will update this post as I go and try to make a few youtube videos like my Shoretrooper on Jedi master mountain man

• Like 1

Quick question was looking over softgoods today, is stormtrooperundershirt.com's package deal with neckseal, gloves, undershirt a good deal?

Never been a fan of shelling out a ton of money on gloves, my ST gloves are Harbor Freight. Just because for me all I aim for is basic approval and to make little kids happy.

Just FYI, stormtrooperundersuit.com's First Order undersuits run VERY small. And the sizes on their website are not correct at all. I went back and forth with them for weeks and had 3 suits shipped to me before I got a suit that fit. I'm 5'7", 155 lbs and I needed the XXL (their biggest suit). The XL would barely even zip up and the length was pulling very hiked up in the crotch, also pulling the collar part down to my chest almost - basically it was way too short and painful. They swore to me that the suit and sizing chart were correct. But even when I measured the two XL suits they sent me - they were both way smaller than advertised. So make sure you order bigger than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That picture looks horrible if you ask me. The nose bridge has usually a more consistent spacing.

The picture really shows too much too much narrowing black space in my opinion... I hope and it might just be a picture issue.

Edited by Patient0x00

Wondering what the definition of "soon" is.

As an owner of an ANH kit with a TFA on order, I've taken to treating statements from Anovos in the same manner as that from an Army recruiter.

best of luck, I'll be following the build, curious to see what changes are made to the bucket, scooped my standard up off of Amazon last summer.

How much are Anovos shipping charges within US? Says it's handled separate of the initial order and billed later in.

My ANH TK ran ~$64 when it physically shipped last year. I would hope it's similar for the FO box.

I don't know why but their shipping estimator is absolutely horrible. Was looking at a FO tactical vest, one week it estimated $63, the next $37. 

• 2 months later...

Saw updates, CANX my order with Anovos and going with MIMIC. I have more experience working with fiberglass kits and the weight never seemed to bug me they tend to actually feel like armor.

Past the refund window and no money back from Anovos yet... so yeah typical Anovos bs. I'm sure their kits will be fine but not wanting to wait till after Last jedi

Ordered my gaskets from GPPG they are shipping soon. Theresa was awesome to work with 

Got a bucket off a trade but still looking for a Episode 8 bucket. Might use the TFA Bucket for basic approval than work on my Phasma guard with new bucket later.

Ordered gloves/ boots from IB

I heard underarmor is still fine for undersuit for basic approval so I might hold off on that.

So I think I'm good on soft goods so far. Trying to post my build more in my local garrison to encourage more people to get their kits done. I was told there are kits people have that are just sitting around that aren't being worked on. Guess if I knew that I would have tried to buy one locally, but I'm assuming it's because they are alpha kits and no one wants to deal with the pain in the rear

Edited by heartstopper85

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I had no idea they changed the Troopers helm for the new Ep. I just saw this for their Shoretrooper..finally

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didnt think they would had offered Ep8 variation either as would had needed to inform all of their customers with orders asking which they prefer. 

I would had taken Ep8 if that were the case.  i personally like the looks of the Return of the Teeth ;0 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, bmtn1111 said:

Just got off customer support with Anovos.  They said the standard kit will not be the last Jedi.

Did you happen to ask whether or not they will be producing a TLJ version of the helmet? I know there are at least three fanmade versions in the works, but I'd also like to know if Anovos will be producing one as well.