Lowcost-armors.com

Hi,

I recently found web site https://www.lowcost-armors.com offering Trooper's armors for suspiciously low prices. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do you know if they would be approved by 501st?

Edited by McWinsch

This looks like the too good to be true category. So I would say proceed with ultra extreme going on borderline probably poisonous plastic that will make your skin melt off by looking at the website. But what do I know, I'm a lowly TK :laugh1:   

That armor looks awful, and I would run away.  Fast.  As long as it is built correctly, any armor from these sellers will get you into the 501st and can make it to Centurion level.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Here is another thread you should read: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

• Like 1

Perhaps someone in that garrison could give us a local opinion? I'm curious to know what they used as a base...

• Like 1

If I may...the kit is actually hard on the eyes to look at, frankly. 

Tell-tale sign...look at the "detail" (or lack thereof) on the ears! 

As Joseph said...Run, run quickly, do not pass go, and do NOT spend your $200!!!

Hehe.

Looks like an FX recast.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edit: okay one armor set they offer looks like recast FX and the other who knows. The fact they advertise two different things is a red flag.

Edited by deadvision

While I don't read/write/speak fluent Spanish, I'm going to take a crack at this:

El material empleado para los cascos y armaduras es HIPS (Poliestireno de Alto Impacto) de 2 mm de grosor, blanco y negro, con un acabado brillante por lo que no es necesario aplicar pintura.

The material they use is 2mm HIPS. That in and of itself would give me pause. No legit TK armorer has pulled in HIPS since TE2 and the early days of ATA - and they both stopped years ago. They claim that there is no need to paint, but still.

Envio incluido en el precio a España y Portugal, en todos los productos del catalogo.

Price includes shipping to Spain and Portugal, so it appears they are based in Spain. That's not a bad thing, but it will add cost for shipping to, say for instance, North America.

I pulled this photo off of their Facebook page - based on that and the photos on their website, the details are a bit soft and the chest and shoulders scream MTK armor to my eye:

8436f0a90bee4717a4a5a80988f5215f.jpg

So like was said, while just about any armor can be made approvable if built correctly, I would proceed with caution on this one - at least until we know more about it.

I'm on Tapatalk right now so I can't see your full avatar, but it appears that this is your first post and you haven't indicated where you are located. Perhaps post an introduction in the New Member Introduction section?

• Like 1

While I don't read/write/speak fluent Spanish, I'm going to take a crack at this:

El material empleado para los cascos y armaduras es HIPS (Poliestireno de Alto Impacto) de 2 mm de grosor, blanco y negro, con un acabado brillante por lo que no es necesario aplicar pintura.

The material they use is 2mm HIPS. That in and of itself would give me pause. No legit TK armorer has pulled in HIPS since TE2 and the early days of ATA - and they both stopped years ago. They claim that there is no need to paint, but still.

Envio incluido en el precio a España y Portugal, en todos los productos del catalogo.

Price includes shipping to Spain and Portugal, so it appears they are based in Spain. That's not a bad thing, but it will add cost for shipping to, say for instance, North America.

I pulled this photo off of their Facebook page - based on that and the photos on their website, the details are a bit soft and the chest and shoulders scream MTK armor to my eye:

8436f0a90bee4717a4a5a80988f5215f.jpg

So like was said, while just about any armor can be made approvable if built correctly, I would proceed with caution on this one - at least until we know more about it.

I'm on Tapatalk right now so I can't see your full avatar, but it appears that this is your first post and you haven't indicated where you are located. Perhaps post an introduction in the New Member Introduction section?

I pull HIPS for all my helmets. There is nothing wrong with HIPS. It's durable and my entire set of armor is HIPS. Over two years old now and no cracks. I've sold 20 helmets to members made of the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elumusic