Is this an ideal kit choice for centurion approval?

Hi all

I've been looking into parts and kits for my Anovos armour.  I am hoping for centurion approval.  I've been recently researching on centurion tools and parts needed when I came across this on Trooperbay.

https://trooperbay.com/costuming-accessories/kits-combos/the-centurion-stormtrooper-accuracy-set

This may sound like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

If anyone has purchased this kit, could you please let me know what its like.

Thanks

Having bought many things from Trooperbay, I'm sure quality is top notch. I'm not going to go through every piece of strapping but it looks pretty comprehensive. Personally I don't like the metal wire fixing and I ditched the bra-snap calf closures after my first troop, but that is personal preference. And I'm sure if you sourced all the parts yourself it would cost a fraction of that, but that's why he is doing the hard yards for you, are charging you for it.

If you're happy with the shin closures/wire & elastic armour joining system and the price - go for it! You'll be happy.

Hi all

I've been looking into parts and kits for my Anovos armour.  I am hoping for centurion approval.  I've been recently researching on centurion tools and parts needed when I came across this on Trooperbay.

https://trooperbay.com/costuming-accessories/kits-combos/the-centurion-stormtrooper-accuracy-set

This may sound like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

If anyone has purchased this kit, could you please let me know what its like.

Thanks

Let me check item that already included in Anovos Kit. List is taken from TrooperBay link you shared.

• 52 INCH WHITE CANVAS BELT (YOU MAY NEED TO SIZE FOR YOUR APPLICATION) : There also other alternative canvas belt maker available.

• 2 - 1 X 11 INCH WHITE ELASTIC FOR DROP BOXES: You can reuse Anovos supplied elastic.

• 6 - SPLIT RIVETS WASHERS FOR AB PLATE: Anovos already supplied this.

• ACCURATE BLACK RUBBER GLOVES AND FLEXIBLE HAND GUARDS (YOU ATTACH):Anovos already supplied rubber glove. You can buy the flexible hand guard separately.

• COMPLETE ARMOR BRACKET SET WITH SCREWS, NUTS & 1 INCH BLACK LOOPS: Not required for Centurion. But accurate to screen used armor.

• 1 X 7 INCH BLACK COD TO BUT T ELASTIC Anovos already supplied this.

• SPLIT RIVET AND WASHER FOR COD ATTACHMENT Anovos already supplied this.

Other elastic, nylon are probably economical to buy in length. You will need extra for missing or replacement straps.

In term of quality, I purchased abs button decal and flexible hand guard from TrooperBay. They were high quality products. 

TK-96302 was approved in March using the stock Anovos drop boxes. The 2 - 1 X 11 inch white elastic straps would not be needed for Centurion, another accuracy thing to rivet them externally vs. the way Anovos did tucking them in.

The Anovos belt will require replacement, patches for the holes aren't approvable for higher level, but other than that and the flexible handguards everything should be approvable out of the box.

The Mr. No Stripes internal bracket / strap kit is nice, but as a non-visible piece internal strapping isn't defined for Centurion. For Anovos in particular, the ABS is on the thinner side so if you go the bracket route, you'll want to reinforce the return edges to keep the brackets from cracking the armor. Pretty much whatever works though if it holds the armor together in the proper places, even the Anovos velcro could theoretically get approved, though it wouldn't hold past the first troop.

My recommendation, re-use the Anovos elastic but use snaps / E-600, purchase the belt and hand plates as individual items, it will be a lot cheaper and you won't end up with stuff you won't use.

The Trroperbay kit seems geared to a maker that only supplies the ABS hard armor with no strapping included.