My ANH progress...

Well I purchased a set of GF (armor and bucket) from a garrison mate...

I have so far done the following:

1 - made a fabric belt, shoulder straps. :D

2 - cut the cod.. :o

3 - made a holster for my Smitty blaster (CS2) :D

4 - reworked the straps for the but, cod, shoulders :)

5 - Bought but not installed ab buttons. <_<

need to still strap the shoulders, abs, thighs... but before I do I have a question.

the suit is currently all velcro seams.

Should I glue them? If so should I do the strip trick? or will that just screw it up. Remember this is a vintage 2002 GF suit that until I got it has never been worn (it lived on a mannequin). :unsure:

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kris

P.S. I'll post pics soon.

Well i glued most of my armor on the front, on the back i put Industrial Strength Velcro.

Its easy to take off and you could always change it.

Anyway be gentle and carefull when using glue, take your time and you should be fin.

( Also dont forget to sand the area down you want to glue )

Well i glued most of my armor on the front, on the back i put Industrial Strength Velcro.

Its easy to take off and you could always change it.

Anyway be gentle and carefull when using glue, take your time and you should be fin.

( Also dont forget to sand the area down you want to glue )

Did you use strips or just overlap the glue joints?

Kris

• 3 weeks later...
Looks great Kris!

I see you got your TD attached.

Just temporary with Velcro. I still need to make the clips (or get them from a friend... hint hint ;) )

The TD falling off was one of those "wardrobe malfunctions" I was referring too..

Kris

Just temporary with Velcro. I still need to make the clips (or get them from a friend... hint hint ;) )

The TD falling off was one of those "wardrobe malfunctions" I was referring too..

Kris

Is your TD a perfect cylinder or does it have flat areas that the clips are supposed to mount too? Mines a perfect cylinder but most that I have seen have the flat mounting sections made into them. Send me a pic. Or better yet send me your TD and I'll just put the mounts on there myself. I finally got to go on a troop for the first time last weekend. My TD never budged thank goodness, maybe we can get yours to do that too!

Is your TD a perfect cylinder or does it have flat areas that the clips are supposed to mount too? Mines a perfect cylinder but most that I have seen have the flat mounting sections made into them. Send me a pic. Or better yet send me your TD and I'll just put the mounts on there myself. I finally got to go on a troop for the first time last weekend. My TD never budged thank goodness, maybe we can get yours to do that too!

Perfect Cylinder, no flat flanges...

Thanks,

K

Ok then, what I'll do is cut some strips that are exactly like mine and send em to you. That way all you'll have to do is drill you some rivit holes and bend em to work, I'll send you some pics of how mine is attached. Mine is mostly held it place with the clips and then a strip of velcro keeps it from moving once its in place. I'll build the strips Monday night.

Ok then, what I'll do is cut some strips that are exactly like mine and send em to you. That way all you'll have to do is drill you some rivit holes and bend em to work, I'll send you some pics of how mine is attached. Mine is mostly held it place with the clips and then a strip of velcro keeps it from moving once its in place. I'll build the strips Monday night.

Thanks Smitty...

I owe you one, or two at the Mixer..

K

So on the path to elite...

Well I purchased a set of GF (armor and bucket) from a garrison mate...

I have so far done the following:

1 - Made a fabric belt, shoulder straps. :D

2 - Cut the cod.. :o

3 - Made a holster for my Smitty blaster (CS2) :D

4 - Reworked the straps for the but, cod, shoulders :)

5 - Made and installed ab buttons. :)

6 - Glued most seams.

7 - Made side shims.

8 - Helmet configuration ANH Hero.

Need to add TD hooks.

Helmet fans

What else?

K

Only sandtroopers have canvas shoulder straps.

The Canvas straps I made go under the plastic straps like shown in the following topic..

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=52404

hi20tant1.jpg

FXBuild060.jpg

Is that incorrect? :unsure:

Kris