Remove rivets from RS completed helmet for Plasti Dip help!

Vader1979

So I got my RS comission build last weekend. I was going to take apart the bucket to apply plasti Dip to the interior, but after I removed the side "ear" pieces, it has rivets holding the 2 parts of the bucket together! Is there a safe way of removing these, or should I not risk It? I don't want to damage the bucket in the process! Has anyone sprayed Plasti Dip inside the bucket without taking it apart? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Hold the back of the rivet tightly with pliers, use a very sharp drip bit on slow speed and try not to turn the rivet when drilling, if it spins it will cause heat, go slow.

• Like 1

You really don't need to take it apart to Plasti-Dip it, Erik.  Just remove the lenses, S trim and any electronics and mask everything off well with blue painter's tape.  You didn't mention if you were using the brush-on or the spray,  (you have a little more control with the brush-on type).  It's not necessary, but I would lightly sand and then clean the interior first, which will help with adhesion.