Replacement Armor Pieces

So here is my dilemma. I ordered my AM 2.0 kit last April. The plastic ab belt snapped on me. I have been trying to get in contact with troopergear and found out they are no longer making runs. I was told that ATA would be a good vendor to possibly get a replacement belt. I have attempted to contact ATA through the FISD and email. It's been a couple of days since and haven't heard anything as of yet. I know that these vendors do this in their spare time, however, I am kind of anxious to be able to find a vendor that can sell me a new ab belt that will closely match the color of the AM armor I have. I am ready to start trooping and the belt is the last piece I need to complete the build on my kit. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the picture where it snapped. I thought about using ABS but I wasn't sure how sturdy it would be with the strain from the blaster and that it will be bent around the waist on the canvas belt.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I would give Terrell (ATA) or any other vendor over the weekend. Celebration and all.<br><br>

I recently ordered from ATA and had a great experience with comms, shipping and price. I'd recommend him on those merrits alone but additionally ATA uses a very thick abs so you would probably avoid future snaps.<br><br>

Just my 2 cents.

I think it can be fixed honestly. I have found ABS to be very repairable and user friendly. I would sand the two broken edges to about a 45 degree angle or so, put them together with a very slight gap between them, glue a piece on the back to join the two broken pieces, them fill the gap with ABS paste, sand smooth and polish with Novus. I think it would be a good repair. <br>

But if your not interested in doing that or whatever, I have the extra AM 2.0 belt I'd be willing to part with. It's the one that has the dimples.

I thought about doing the repair but I am very OCD and that side wouldn't be the same width as the other side haha. Stupid but it kept me from fixing it. Which belt do you have? My kit came with two, the one in the picture and then the other has the countersunk squares which isn't centurion approved.

I thought about doing the repair but I am very OCD and that side wouldn't be the same width as the other side haha. Stupid but it kept me from fixing it. Which belt do you have? My kit came with two, the one in the picture and then the other has the countersunk squares which isn't centurion approved.

Yes but your only talking about maybe 1/16" at most. That wouldn't even be noticable if you repaired it like I was talking about. If your not comfortable with fixing it yourself, ship it to me and I will repair it for you if you want. Just pay for return shipping back to you when I'm finished.

Yes, the belt with the countersunk squares is the one I was talking about. Really though, I think you could make it centurion approved if you cut cover squares like you did for this belt and put over the countersunk squares on the belt. I think that would work like that instead of using the vac formed squares that came with the kit. You would never know it was like that, unless you looked at it from the back.You would have it attached to your canvas belt and couldn't see the back anyways.