Which armor for "Buff" guy?

BigStick

Hey all,<br>

I think I've got my choices narrowed down to Walt's WTF Armor or AP Armor. My concern is that I'm a little 'thick' throughout the upper body. I'm 5-10, 220 lbs with a background in power/weightlifting. Waist is a solid 36" measured at the bb. Proportions are Greek God-like and I'm handsome as hell. TMI? Anyway, just wanted to make sure fitting isn't an issue. I looked at RT-Mod Armor but the year wait doesn't work for me. Thanks!

Edited by BigStick
  • Like 1

I have an AP/RT-MOD mix currently.

I'm a bigger trooper as well, and sitting at 5'11" ~225lbs.

I started with AP, but soon realized that the armor did not fit me as well in the chest/shoulder bell area.

As result.. Gaps were large. Now, keep in mind.. If you do decide to go with AP.. You will get approved.. No problem.. But again, everyone is different and all depends how you cut, shape the armor.

I find that the RT-MOD fits my body type much much nicer and he is actually rather good on time and parts...

I suggest doing what is right. Always pick the right armor for you and your body type. In the end, it is up to you.. But when purchasing armor.. You want to be sure it will fit you well and not have to go back and replace/upgrade parts after an initial purchase.

I'll attach my AP vs RT-Mod photos for reference. Keep in mind my body type.

Difference is noticeable. But my chest and shoulders sit better (imo)

Both are great makers.. And both are great choices. You can't go wrong with either.. It is up to you entirely.

AP

5a47e1b12352ed05adda4eb4d1e016e1.jpgaf35c0a0d83543a16980a628e9b0d716.jpg

RT-MOD

fc7fe2c1bc1050bd5edcb4416b54cfd6.jpg9716a66de0b70a5437284d07046f66d1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Edited by Pretzel
  • Like 1

Mark, thanks for the quick response. Pretzel, I see what you mean, I think I'd be in the same boat you are. Thanks a bunch for the pics! I guess there actually is a downside to being buffed and beautiful

• Like 1

I stand about 5'-11" and weigh about 205-215 (depending on the week).  I just got an AM 2.0 and couldn't be happier.  Although I haven't completed the fitting and build yet, I have rough-sized the chest/ab/kidney sections with blue tape and they fit great.  I wear size 38"-waist jeans, and the ab/kidney connection on the armor is exactly right with a perfectly flush joint, no gap at all and no trimming.  Lucky!

TrooperGear is great to work with and has been responsive to all communications.

A.J.

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2017 at 6:41 PM, BigStick said:

Hey all,<br>

I think I've got my choices narrowed down to Walt's WTF Armor or AP Armor. My concern is that I'm a little 'thick' throughout the upper body. I'm 5-10, 220 lbs with a background in power/weightlifting. Waist is a solid 36" measured at the bb. Proportions are Greek God-like and I'm handsome as hell. TMI? Anyway, just wanted to make sure fitting isn't an issue. I looked at RT-Mod Armor but the year wait doesn't work for me. Thanks!

Did you ever make a decision on armor?  

You definitely received some solid input here.  Personally, at just under 6'2" and about 210 and a truly healthy build when I assembled my kit, I found the RT Mod to be a very perfect fit.  Almost as if I were the model Rob sculpted it for.  It just fit me with minimal trimming.  The wait sucked a bit, but was definitely worth it in the long run, as I've been rocking it for longer than I waited to receive it now. :D

Hope to see some traction happening for you soon!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Dark CMF said:

Did you ever make a decision on armor?  

You definitely received some solid input here.  Personally, at just under 6'2" and about 210 and a truly healthy build when I assembled my kit, I found the RT Mod to be a very perfect fit.  Almost as if I were the model Rob sculpted it for.  It just fit me with minimal trimming.  The wait sucked a bit, but was definitely worth it in the long run, as I've been rocking it for longer than I waited to receive it now. :D

Hope to see some traction happening for you soon!

I'm on the wait list for RT Mod but haven't heard a peep in months. I'm now kinda torn with the new R1 kits & TD builds. REALLY liking the R1 TD. I know Jimmi makes an R1 but not sure about fiberglass.

opinions?