I know nothing about electronics... where do I start?

Hey, guys. I am currently working on a helmet and thought it would probably be a good idea to install fans and a voice changer. But I know almost nothing about electronics. I currently have two fans on hand, but I have no idea how to work them. (I only bought them because there were only two left. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015S5XFJE .) Do you guys have any tutorial for learning the basics of electronics? Thanks! 

For the fans, all you will need is some wire (the same gauge as is currently on the fans) and a power source.  I suggest getting a 4 AAA battery holder like this-------------You can buy the ones that only hold 2 or 3 batteries, but they do not last very long power wise.

There are a few choices for voice changers, but they are not inexpensive unfortunately.  There is one I would not suggest, and that is the one made by Hytechtoyz.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

its just time reading through all the threads, i have no real electronic experience so took the easy options (will cost a bit more overall though)  got hooked up with ukswarth's fan set up on bracket and for voice now using tramp stand alone unit mounted in chest and wireless mic in bucket Simples  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 3

As mentioned above you have a few choices regarding electronics, which by the way are not required but, if pimping your costume is your desire head on over to the sales thread section and start drooling. And by all means if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask someone.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

• Like 3

Toshi, there are tons of available electronics available (for a cost) in the Imperial Commissary/PX Area here on FISD. But, if you can get a hold of a soldering iron, you can assemble your own fan kit, AA powered or USB powered. Wiring diagrams are on FISD somewhere, or I might have one on hand too.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 4:27 PM, justjoseph63 said:

For the fans, all you will need is some wire (the same gauge as is currently on the fans) and a power source. I suggest getting a 4 AAA battery holder like thi------------ You can buy the ones that only hold 2 or 3 batteries, but they do not last very long power wise.

There are a few choices for voice changers, but they are not inexpensive unfortunately. There is one I would not suggest, and that is the one made by Hytechtoyz.

Fans used in the helmets use DC motors typically rated at 5 volts. DC motors will eat whatever current you throw at it, but more than their rating typically causes burnouts faster. 4 AA = 6 volts. You can get 3 AA holders with on/off switches on ebay and Amazon. 4.5V total and they fit easier in the helmet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working