ROGUE ONE E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE

SlyFox740

On 2017-05-24 at 11:38 PM, andylah said:

so there are a few pics in this thread as well as online of an e11-b with a sling, are they are any better shots of this or requirements.... I am converting another e11 into a b for a shore trooper....

Andy those photos are focusing on the resin cast power cylinders, flashlight, ect. I used them simply because they are the best photo reference available for some of these components which are all the same on a standard E-11.

There is no "E-11B" blaster that exists? I believe you are confused.

The Deathtrooper uses an E-11D blaster, and the Shoretrooper uses an E-22 blaster rifle. Both of these blasters have a sling.

6RizDIM.jpg

hxFV9hm.jpg

I should also mention that not all Shoretroopers use an E-22 blaster rifle, some Shoretroopers use a standard E-11 blaster instead.

Deathtroopers do not use standard E-11 blasters, only E-11D or DLT-19D in addition to a SE-14r light repeating blaster for a side arm.

Edited by SlyFox740
Broken Photobucket Links

thanks slyfox, the CRL for the shorey mentions says E-11B Blaster...

there isn't an accompanying photo in the CRL to explain the B designation, so came here guessing the Rogue One E11s were the same, this thread is super useful :D

I understand the pics used and their use and just query the sling that is also pictured to see if there were better photos of it.?

I'm waiting for an E22 as well at this point....

On 2017-05-25 at 11:28 PM, andylah said:

thanks slyfox, the CRL for the shorey mentions says E-11B Blaster...

there isn't an accompanying photo in the CRL to explain the B designation, so came here guessing the Rogue One E11s were the same, this thread is super useful :D

I understand the pics used and their use and just query the sling that is also pictured to see if there were better photos of it.?

I'm waiting for an E22 as well at this point....

Well that is definitely a typo on the Shoretrooper CRL then because there is no "E-11B" that exists, I assume they meant either E-11D or E-22.

Also here is a photo of a Shoretrooper and his E-22 blaster rifle with the sling, this image is from the Rogue One visual guide.

PxF5wBj.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740
Broken Photobucket Link

Well that is definitely a typo on the Shoretrooper CRL then because there is no "E-11B" that exists, I assume they meant either E-11D or E-22.

Also here is a photo of a Shoretrooper and his E-22 blaster rifle with the sling, this image is from the Rogue One visual guide.

What are we calling this E-11? I believe Andy is referring to this 'standard' E-11 with front side flashlight, but essentially an E-11. Not sure what it is called. Possibly an E-11B. Correct Andy?

Not the Deathtrooper blaster, nor the Shorey's double decker blaster

Edited by Sith Lord

E-11B Blaster

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • Tactical flashlight (Surefire scout M300 or replica) mounted on right side of barrel.
  • Magazine shall be full length. 

E-22 Blaster

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • Tactical flashlight (Surefire scout M300 or replica) mounted on right side of barrel.
  • Similar to standard E-11 Blaster with extended stock attached and a second lower barrel. 

There is the 2 CRL definitions. I say the standard E-11 is definitly being called the E-11B

On 2017-05-28 at 9:51 PM, Sith Lord said:

What are we calling this E-11? I believe Andy is referring to this 'standard' E-11 with front side flashlight, but essentially an E-11. Not sure what it is called. Possibly an E-11B. Correct Andy?

Not the Deathtrooper blaster, nor the Shorey's double decker blaster

I have no idea where they are getting the "B" from, I think someone either made that up or it's a mixup of the Deathtrooper E-11D.

Again this image is directly from the Rogue One Visual Guide and just says "E-11 Blaster Rifle"

aFSvLc2.jpg

Also I have no idea why the Shoretrooper CRL says "magazine shall be full length", I have yet to see that anywhere in the Movie, the Visual Guide, or at Celebration Europe. All the Shoretroopers with E-11 blasters are exactly identical to the Stormtoopers' blasters. In fact some of them are pictured in this blaster reference. They are basically all resin/rubber cast copies of each other.

Edited by SlyFox740
Broken Photobucket Link

So, back to Andy's question. Irrespective of what it is called, is there any more references to the new E-11s with the sling?

Might have to watch the movie again!

Edited by Sith Lord

I was under the impression that the e11B was that of a type O on the CRL as we all know the e11 from the from film or could it just be the reference to that of the tank commander as we don't actually see him with a e11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, back to Andy's question. Irrespective of what it is called, is there any more references to the new E-11s with the sling?

Might have to watch the movie again!

No, there is no Sling on the standard E-11, there has never been a been a sling or any reference of it. If there was I definitely would have ensured it was completely covered in this Blaster Reference Thread. Any slings you see in the photos are actually not on standard E-11 blasters. The slings are only seen on the variants E-11D and E-22.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

Talking to Andy, he was confused about the images you posted showing some form of webbing/strapping that he wasn't sure if it was a sling or not. It was obviously something else, part of the mannequin, or costume strapping or something.

So i finally found the pics I knew i had seen with the sling -  I think these were taken from a comic con event, or costume display  (i don't recall which)

35107419166_72c51c3c16_c.jpg

34760770590_3f91417dc1_c.jpg

34302291254_71658ec862_c.jpg

The image I want, the front attachment, is still not there....

Edited by andylah

Hmm That's really strange, that blaster is even pictured in the Scope Rail chapter of my reference thread but I didn't realize that strapping was actually attached to the blaster, I have to admit that's the first time I've seen the E-11 with a sling on it, but I know the Shoretroopers do use them on the E-22 rifles so it not an impossibility I guess. I just haven't seen this anywhere in the movie or the visual guide, promotional images, action figures or anywhere else for that matter. All the slings I've seen in Rogue One are only on E-22, & E-11D blaster rifles.

Maybe it's possible they couldn't get the Shoretrooper mannequin at this event to actually hold the blaster so they just attached a sling in order to include it in the costume display? That's my guess.

On 6/7/2017 at 9:09 AM, andylah said:

The image I want, the front attachment, is still not there....

I'm not sure how they did it on that costume display, like I said they may have just quickly put it on before hand as a solution to include in it the display. Which could easily be done the same way they did it on a real 9mm Sterling L2A3 Mk4 Sub-Machine Gun; It was most likely designed with a single point sling attachment on the rear end cap but if soldiers wanted a 2-point sling attachment they just hooked the other end of the sling through the receiver holes near the front bayonet lug, this row of holes is not covered with T-Track on the E-11 so it's definitely possible it was done this way. Not to be confused with the Canadian C1 version of the Sterling used for the E-11 blasters in ROTJ which actually have a D ring included at the front as well as the back.

-----------

They also often used to the front sight guard to attach the sling, although the sight guard wasn't designed for this it was made well enough to withstand it's own weight plus a full magazine of ammunition and a bayonet. The airsoft sterling is a different story, I doubt it could withstand it's own weight well let alone all the extra components of the E-11; Scope, Counter, Flashlight, Power Cylinders, T-Track, plus mounting Rails and hardware.-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 2017-05-16 at 6:14 PM, bishopx said:

This a a ton of great info. Has anyone definitively located the correct picatinny rail? Are we sure it's Weaver?

Chris Trevas from "Parts of Star Wars" has positively identified the Flashlight Rail. It is a Unmark System Rail base for 416 Black(GTA1193)

http://www.greenbase.hk/Unmark-System-Rail-base-for-416-Black-GTA1193-

It appears to be correct and 100% accurate to the screen used flashlight rails. I will update the main post to reflect this discovery.

rbOn7yT.jpg

Every single component of the Rogue One E-11 blaster has now been positively Identified, thanks to Chris for this! He is actually the same guy who identified the Flashlight itself as well.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

That's great news. It would have been better if we hadn't already printed ours LOL. But is still great that everything has been identified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by slave1pilot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, SlyFox740 said:

Chris Trevas from "Parts of Star Wars" has positively identified the Flashlight Rail. It is a Unmark System Rail base for 416 Black(GTA1193)

http://www.greenbase.hk/Unmark-System-Rail-base-for-416-Black-GTA1193-

It appears to be correct and 100% accurate to the screen used flashlight rails. I will update the main post to reflect this discovery.

rbOn7yT.jpg

Every single component of the Rogue One E-11 blaster has now been positively Identified, thanks to Chris for this! He is actually the same guy who identified the Flashlight itself as well.

do you have measurements for this part?

On 9/7/2017 at 4:45 AM, darthcue said:

do you have measurements for this part?

Yes, I have a set of these and they are exactly 2-2/16" long. You can also get this rail from Green Blob Outdoors; https://greenbloboutdoors.com/collections/rails/products/pair-of-black-3-slots-polymer-rail-sections-for-handguards

The blastech E-11D stock is probably the AABB 416C style stock. It can be found here:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-hk416c-style-stock-416aeg-p-7548.html

sorry if this is in the wrong section but I seen mention of the E-11D in the above posts. The stock pad has been turned upside down and is held in place by 2 allen grub screws. It looks to be attached to the back of the S&T Sterling with a specially made adapter to fit on the back of the S&T with threads cut on the other side for the 416C stock. Sorry if this is old news.

There are 3 airsoft 416c stocks available (tokyo marui, VFC and AABB). I have all 3 and the AABB looks the closest to the pictures.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, mightyjebus said:
The blastech E-11D stock is probably the AABB 416C style stock. It can be found here:  http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-hk416c-style-stock-416aeg-p-7548.html  

sorry if this is in the wrong section but I seen mention of the E-11D in the above posts. The stock pad has been turned upside down and is held in place by 2 allen grub screws. It looks to be attached to the back of the S&T Sterling with a specially made adapter to fit on the back of the S&T with threads cut on the other side for the 416C stock. Sorry if this is old news.

There are 3 airsoft 416c stocks available (tokyo marui, VFC and AABB). I have all 3 and the AABB looks the closest to the pictures.

Sorry you are mistaken,

The correct screen used Stock for the E-11D is actually the VF9-STK-416E-BK01 from VFC(Vega Force Company) it has already been identified and confirmed long ago on ‘Parts of Star Wars’ The AABB is somewhat close but there are small differences in the details. The VFC is in the one used on screen and in fact it’s the only one that is accurate.

Also I actually helped my friend Chris(Field Marshal) at War Machine develop a Stock Adapter to mount one of these onto the Sterling Airsoft Gun. It’s available now; -----------

Also lastly the Shoulder Buttstock was only flipped upside down for one single reference image and I believe it was a continuity error, a mistake because the rest of them are never seen like that. If you squeeze the adjustment lever and tab hard enough the entire buttstock and support rods can be slid completely out of the back of the stock, I believe this was removed at one point and simply reinstalled upside down by accident. Again there is only one reference image like this, and also there’s one action figure accessory like this now as a result of that reference image. I do believe it was unintentional though.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It looks like the Rogue One E-11 will also appear in the upcoming ‘SOLO’ movie. This is no big surprise as they have hired the exact same prop master again ‘Jamie Wilkinson’ to work on this film. Same costume designer too, this is the exact same Stormtrooper armor from Rogue One and I’ve already seen multiple references with the TK Crystal Patrol Duty pack that we replicated last year.

5b054368eb0b4_SoloStandardStormtrooper.thumb.jpg.9f36511a10129ae5b49bd25c2ba33ada.jpg

IMG_6910.thumb.JPG.f862199c407808363d37fe1bc23dd9e8.JPG

72ebafb1a26ce5a63940279f4b5f329d.jpg

IMG_6912.JPG.acacb47dfe6735133da22e8bd8e786fd.JPGIMG_6911.thumb.JPG.faece2d9af79a9b7c71b1efd89617776.JPG

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

I added a new reference image to the main post, this photo is from a magazine I bought a while back called 'Rogue One - The Official Mission Debrief'

58kWWiA.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quote:

"Here's a confirmed photo of the power cylinders on a Shepperton Design Studios E-11 blaster.

GM5bBSd.jpg

Which E-11 is pictured in this confirmed photo?  Is it from Rogue One? 

It seems to have the "wider" T-track of R1 & "Solo" movies.  However, it also seems like the scope rail is welded on, its stock is not "cast" in place, the power cylinders look more like the R1/Solo versions, and yet it features coils/wires leading to the power cylinders. 

Is that an S&T Sterling, or does the SDS version have a metal tube & stock? 

Edited by Frumpus
Added info

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2019 at 7:10 AM, Frumpus said:

Which E-11 is pictured in this confirmed photo?  Is it from Rogue One? 

It seems to have the "wider" T-track of R1 & "Solo" movies.  However, it also seems like the scope rail is welded on, its stock is not "cast" in place, the power cylinders look more like the R1/Solo versions, and yet it features coils/wires leading to the power cylinders. 

Is that an S&T Sterling, or does the SDS version have a metal tube & stock? 

Just as I said in the photo caption. It is just a Shepperton Design Studios E-11. Not at all accurate to the original ANH E-11 as it claims to be, it’s actually a pretty terrible blaster accuracy wise. It’s incorrect in so many ways which is fairly common knowledge on this forum. The SDS E-11 is not metal, it is a plastic blaster infused with a dense foam filler.

If you read My post the T-Track for these was sourced from the same company that the Prop Department sourced for Rogue One; Tubeway Sales LTD. which is why the T-Track is the same. Prop Makers in Rogue One did recast or remodel their power cylinders based of the SDS blasters as well. Which were highly inaccurate to ANH but are now used on screen in Rogue One & SOLO.

Edited by SlyFox740