Is this a good color for a belt?

Hey, guys. I went to the fabric store today, and the closest thing I could get to white (That was canvas cloth) was this eggshell white cloth. (It actually isn't the color of eggshell, a few shades darker than pure eggshell white.) I was wondering if this is the correct off-white color. I just want to know so I don't have to build a belt then realize it can't be accepted. :smiley-sw013:   Here is a picture of the cloth in two different types of lighting: 

Under a white lamp:

----------------

Under a strong yellow lamp:

-----------

Under both combined: 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 4/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, Stormystormtrooper said:

Hey, guys. I went to the fabric store today, and the closest thing I could get to white (That was canvas cloth) was this eggshell white cloth. (It actually isn't the color of eggshell, a few shades darker than pure eggshell white.) I was wondering if this is the correct off-white color. I just want to know so I don't have to build a belt then realize it can't be accepted. :smiley-sw013: Here is a picture of the cloth in two different types of lighting:

Under a white lamp:

-----------

The on screen belts were made up of duck cloth and white denim with a satin inside layer. Then leave the edges to frey

-----------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Toshi: That fabric is probably fine.  It doesn't have to match perfectly, and frankly, it's going to get dirty and weathered naturally as you troop anyway (and cloth belts are really hard to wash), which is good and screen accurate, so if it matches perfectly today, it won't 6 months from now.

There's NO way to tell color from photos, however, without a reference, because everyone monitor is a little difference.  If you want to compare, lay the cloth over your armor, so the color relative to YOUR armor (which is the only important metric) can be seen.

But honestly, I wouldn't bother.  Make your belt and go troop, and all will be fine. :)

• Like 2