Star Wars Celebration Orlando EIB App contest

ukswrath

Attention FISD members

Andrew (Sly11) and myself will both be at SW Orlando this year and we’d like to do something special for one of our fellow FISD members. Andrew came up with the great idea of performing a live Facebook Expert Infantry application review while at Celebration.  This will happen sometime after the 501st and FISD photos have concluded and may be in the same location of the photo shoot however, it’s still TBD, but will definite be held at the convention center somewhere.

Applicant requirements:

1)      Must be a 501st & FISD member

2)      The armor you'll use to apply for EIB is currently 501st approved

3)      Their armor is ready to submit to “Request Expert Infantry Status”

4)      Applicant will be at SWCO (obviously)

5)      Will be at 501st and/or FISD photo shoots

6)      Applicant is willing and able to stay in costume during the duration of the interview process  (1/2 -1hr)

7)      Understands and agrees to having themselves filmed and posted on social media (Facebook, FISD, 501st, etc.)

Applicant instructions:

FISD website

1)      On this thread post your full name, TK #, screen name & garrison

2)      Start an new post in “Request Expert Infantry Status”

Andrew and I will perform pre a screening based off the EIB application post.

2 candidates will be selected (one for back up)  

At Celebration

3)       Full armor review

4)      Suggested EIB updates will be discussed

5)      Centurion suggestions and/or requirements will be discussed

6)      Award recipient EIB Arm badge and Rocker

7)      Update FISD status

If you’re interested in having your EIB application reviewed live at Celebration post your info below. If you know someone that is ready to submit for EIB that will also be a Celebration contact them, have them sign up with the FISD, then post below.

The cut off period for receiving potential applicants is Sunday 8PM US Pacific time.   

Applicants

1. Josh Williams (EIB app confirmed) WINNER!

2. Jeff Schultz  (EIB app confirmed) Runner up

• Like 9

Kudos for such a fantastic idea. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I hope we see lots of applicants.

• Like 1

This will be cool to watch in person as well and will give me a idea of what i'll be up against, i believe i'm close but don't think I can get it all together in time.

I'm definitely interested. I've been meaning to submit for EIB for a while now. I'll get my request post up later today.

Josh Williams

TK-19061

SerMosh

Ohio Garrison

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm definitely interested. I've been meaning to submit for EIB for a while now. I'll get my request post up later today.

Josh Williams

TK-19061

SerMosh

Ohio Garrison

And like that we have our first applicant, awesome. Thanks Josh. Once your EIB app is posted it will be official. 

I am interested as well.

Jeff Schultz

TK17171

Stampeder17

Badlands Garrison

Just need to do a few things tonight and take my pics.

Edited by Stampeder17
  • Like 4

I am interested as well.

Jeff Schultz

TK17171

Stampeder17

Badlands Garrison

Awesome and way to go Jeff !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am interested as well.

Jeff Schultz

TK17171

Stampeder17

Badlands Garrison

Welcome Jeff thank you

My EIB application has been posted. I noticed something I wanted to tweak after taking my first round of pictures, so it took longer than expected. I'm just glad to be considered for this. Thanks!

Hi Tony,

I have an approved 501st and FISD TK armor, but wanted to know what is required so I can apply, I will be at Celebration Orlando with my armor (second thinking about the blaster for security check reasons) but wanted to know more details about the contest.

kind regards,

Javier

TK19878

*UPDATE*

I just read the requirements and I think that with my ANOVOS armor the bolts on the belt are not squared, not sure about the ammo pack on the thigh, or the sniper knee and definitely need new boots so I'm sorry I cant apply for this, not enough time for modifications. :(

Edited by DarthVader87

Hi Tony,

I have an approved 501st and FISD TK armor, but wanted to know what is required so I can apply, I will be at Celebration Orlando with my armor (second thinking about the blaster for security check reasons) but wanted to know more details about the contest.

kind regards,

Javier

TK19878

*UPDATE*

I just read the requirements and I think that with my ANOVOS armor the bolts on the belt are not squared, not sure about the ammo pack on the thigh, or the sniper knee and definitely need new boots so I'm sorry I cant apply for this, not enough time for modifications. :(

Hey Javier, you can always apply for the EIB anyways. Andrew and myself will decide later who we'll review anyways. Good luck

Well it looks like we have two applicants. One of you will be the lucky precipitant of our live EIB application review, and the other will be a back up in case the winner cannot fulfill their requirement.

Stand by for incoming announcement.  

Alright folks Andrew and myself have made our decision. 

Josh Williams is our winner. We'll perform his live EIB inspection after the FISD photo session has completed. Josh when have a moment please chime in and let us know you're good to go. 

Jeff Schultz is our runner up. If, in the event Josh is unable to meet his obligation Jeff will be interviewed instead. We would like to encourage Jeff to be there as well. Though we'll not be performing an official application interview on him we may have a quick look and give him some advice if needed. 

Congratulations to the both of you.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

-       -        -        -          -          -          -          -         -         -         -        - 

UPDATED Images from the live approval Celebration Orlando 2017

First live EIB approval:

Congratulations Josh Williams TK19061 at Celebration Orlando 2017

batch_20170415_125310.jpg

batch_20170415_125450.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks, Tony! I'm a little nervous, but I'm good to go. I'll see you there!

• Like 1