Holster Dimensions/Stencil?

Hey, guys. I am going to make my own holster on the cheap, but I need measurements. I have found some, but they are all different measurements. I don't think the CRL has specific measurements for the holster, but I want to be as accurate as I can. Thanks!

When building a holster, I suggest you use the thickest leather you can.  If you use thin leather, the opening can tend to collapse and it will be difficult to put your E-11 back in, especially when you can't see very well.

When building a holster, I suggest you use the thickest leather you can. If you use thin leather, the opening can tend to collapse and it will be difficult to put your E-11 back in, especially when you can't see very well.

Something I tried just as a experiment.

I have one of Darman's 8oz holsters and it is a very nice quality holster. Nice thick heavy leather. But I wanted to try and make my own on the cheap, just to see how well or not it would turn out.

I had access to some free leather, but it was rather on the thin side. I think it would be considered upholstery leather or something. I made the holster according to the picture posted above. But what I did to make it usable was I got a sheet of black plastic. Mine was free but I know it's available at craft stores and some office supply stores. I'm not certain if the thickness, but it's about the thickness of poster board or so. It's nice and stiff, but flexible. I glued (E6000) the plastic sheet to the leather. Then sewed the holster together, with the plastic sheeting as a internal liner inside the holster. It actually turned out very well. It's lightweight​ and stiff. I think over the long haul, it will hold up better than the all leather holster. I don't think the plastic will break down and loose it's stiffness as leather will with use.

• 1 month later...

Something I tried just as a experiment.

I have one of Darman's 8oz holsters and it is a very nice quality holster. Nice thick heavy leather. But I wanted to try and make my own on the cheap, just to see how well or not it would turn out.

I had access to some free leather, but it was rather on the thin side. I think it would be considered upholstery leather or something. I made the holster according to the picture posted above. But what I did to make it usable was I got a sheet of black plastic. Mine was free but I know it's available at craft stores and some office supply stores. I'm not certain if the thickness, but it's about the thickness of poster board or so. It's nice and stiff, but flexible. I glued (E6000) the plastic sheet to the leather. Then sewed the holster together, with the plastic sheeting as a internal liner inside the holster. It actually turned out very well. It's lightweight​ and stiff. I think over the long haul, it will hold up better than the all leather holster. I don't think the plastic will break down and loose it's stiffness as leather will with use.

Do you happen to know the difference between the 4oz. holster and 8oz.? Does one have an advantage over the other or is it just personal preference?

• 3 years later...
Do you happen to know the difference between the 4oz. holster and 8oz.? Does one have an advantage over the other or is it just personal preference?
This is a very late response but still, works for the newbies.

The difference is the thickness of the leather, i think that a holster must not be made with leather less thick than 8oz, must be sturdy and not wobbly.

If the leather turns out to be too rigid that is weird when wearing it or holstering the blaster, is always an option soften it with leather oils and conditioner.

The leather can be shaped to the blaster contours using a heat gun, be careful when doing this.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk