AP ANH Stunt Build-- March to EIB!

Making progress on my bucket!! I've only had to put it together and take it apart about 3 times, but I'm chalking that up to learning experience.

0C0F43CC-B079-4216-9F12-EE3D3B5EA552_zps

320F92F4-456C-41FB-BD75-92285A8864FB_zps

1A7F174B-D73B-4397-855E-CCBBD8C2B1AB_zps

I have plasti-dipped the interior, Bc I think it looks mean.

I used the AP decals. The dishwasher soapy water and hair dryer method was clutch.

I've got S-trim (from TrooperBay) but haven't fully put it on yet (since I still have to remove it to finish painting.)

I've found my gray Testors paint for the frown, but have to wait for the 3yo to go to bed to attempt that. My Hobby Lobby was out of gloss black, but we are headed to HobbyTown today. And need some gloss white to cover those screws.

Then, next "big project" is putting in lens and frown mesh. Thinking of using Velcro for both.

Ok, any criticisms so far?

F7B86040-35B4-4BCE-B661-7523FAE57AE1_zps

And a pic of my son using the Force at Southern GreekFest!

(Edited to get pics to post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CoatHanger

Sorry, a bit late to the party but, Congratulations Lindsey!!

I have an AP kit and love it, I'm sure you will too. As others have mentioned, these days Mark's kits are supplied with all that's needed to help you on your way to Centurion, all you need to do is follow the CRL and the Centurion requirements and it's going to happen for you. Look forward to updates on your build and to see your future applications come through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful progress Lindsey !

Stellar great job cutting out your eyes and can't wait to watch the rest of your build come together - keep it up future trooper!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

2IFBbs9.jpg

I’m back. Turns out it’s harder to build two TKs at a time than I thought. First one is doing awesome. Meets “meatball” CRL just great.

Now I’m back to my other TK. So first, trying out this Imgur stuff. If the pic shows up, how does the frown/vocoder look? Painting makes me so nervous.

• Like 1

Congrats on your little TK!  :)  When you've finished with your own full-sized TK, you must get around to building a small FOTK.  I built this for my son last year.  Hero Mom accomplishment unlocked!

38453385720_1c13969a88_z.jpg

Can't wait to see your progress on your armor.  Good to see you back, Lindsey!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoatHanger said:

2IFBbs9.jpg

I’m back. Turns out it’s harder to build two TKs at a time than I thought. First one is doing awesome. Meets “meatball” CRL just great.

Now I’m back to my other TK. So first, trying out this Imgur stuff. If the pic shows up, how does the frown/vocoder look? Painting makes me so nervous.

Nice! That painting looks really clean! :duim:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Congrats on your little TK!  :)  When you've finished with your own full-sized TK, you must get around to building a small FOTK.  I built this for my son last year.  Hero Mom accomplishment unlocked!

Can't wait to see your progress on your armor.  Good to see you back, Lindsey!

That is amazing!!  Mom of the year for sure!

My 4yo is asking for a Scout Trooper.  Or to be a DeathTrooper like daddy.  Every time he sees me doing anything with my armor he asks when we are going to start building his.  The newest is gonna have to settle for a knitted Leia hat for a little while :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I’m having FISD searching difficulties. All the great diagrams of dimensions seem to have been lost when PhotoBucket kicked the bucket.

Anyway— first question. How much do I leave on the edges of the thigh ammo pack? And do you just “eye ball” the curved edge? That makes me anxious.

LWgTeuY.jpg

And the belt... how much of the ends of it? And the corners are 12mm x 12mm 45deg angles?

0PG2W1Z.jpg

This should help:

moWRtfS.png

And for the curve on the thigh ammo belt, look for something around the house with the right curve to it instead of eye-balling. A can of spray paint, a cup, anything!

This should help:
moWRtfS.png

And for the curve on the thigh ammo belt, look for something around the house with the right curve to it instead of eye-balling. A can of spray paint, a cup, anything!

Oh this diagram is exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you!!

And that makes total sense to trace something round. Thanks!

• Like 1

Bc part of the fun of building a TK is the “fun stuff”, I got my microphone/Aker amp in today with the components to make my TrooperTalk app work. My whole family is essentially fighting over playing with it. So cool! Now hoping to get a bucket (close to) finished by tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Some exciting things happened tonight—

ZdMDzIs.jpg

Whaaat?!? E6000 on plastic?!? Whoop whoop!!

So started on some inner coverstrips, because I like the idea of extra strength... plus it gave me a chance to try this whole gluing thing without it really counting.

Things I learned—
- it’s all fun and games reading 100 build threads, but sh** is starting to get real
- if you’re only gluing half a cover strip, only put glue on half of it.
- y’all weren’t joking... I need ALL the clamps/magnets. They are literally the rate limiting step.
- don’t take a bath before sanding.

Once I had my inner coverstrips glued (which took longer than expected because I had to sand to make sure I’d only left 10mm on the front thigh, cover my magnets in tape, sand the cover strips, etc), I moved on to some other smaller projects.

Got my TD caps sanded down to 3/4” (no pic).

Cut the corners on the belt. Thanks again for the diagram!

W52IP3k.jpg

(That’s my hubby in the background monopolizing the Drimmel for his R1 DeathTrooper build.)

Next question— drop boxes. 15mm deep, correct? And how are y’all going about trimming these? Lexan scissors? Drimmel? Looks like too much to sand.

xgzDvTG.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good!

If you have access to a belt or disc sander, that's the easiest way to wittle down the boxes. You can grind it all evenly that way. I didn't, so I CAREFULLY dremelled and then used sandpaper once I was closer to my line. It's easy to get carried away with the dremel haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have lots of updates. I’d love feedback, so I’m going to divide into several posts.

“Body” armor rough fitting. I’m short for a trooper (5’5”), and know I’ll need to make some adjustments Bc most of this lack of height is in my torso.

After reading through some great threads (shout out to Cricket), here are my thoughts.

First, gonna separate the cod from the ab. Think I need to take some of my extra from the top of the cod. But, QUESTION, should I also move up the chest? I think it fits okay, but don’t want to look too heavy if cod is 2” smaller, with full size chest.

Second, think I need to narrow the cod too. Not drastically but some. (It’s just rough trimmed now).

Then, once I have the front shortened, I plan on shortening the kidney as needed to match the ab. And bring up the back plate if needed (it overlaps by about 1.5” as is).

Here are the pics—

RutOcrY.jpg

zLIMkrU.jpg

Thanks for any input!

Okay, bicep work.

uTe6vh3.jpg

2DSimEv.jpg

Inside cover strips done. Rough trimmed. And mostly “fine sanded”. Gonna trim down those two areas circled in red to make it smooth. And there’s a few places of rogue Drimmel blemishes I’m going to sand out and polish. (Maybe just rub with a little acetone?)

I’ll leave the question about shortening the front to the more experienced builders on the best way to go at it. As for the rouge blemishes, I’d stay away from acetone. I’ve used it in small doses on my armor but with plastics varying in thickness, I’d be afraid of something going wrong. I’d go with the polishing get some novus polish if possible. If it’s small I’ve also used a bit of paint, let it dry a bit then while it off. It leaves a small amount of white on the undercoat but wipes off the excess. It’s still visible but not as much.