AP ANH Stunt Build-- March to EIB!

I did it! I ordered my first TK kit. So this is my build thread!

I have taken on another build at the same time, so I'll keep y'all briefly updated on that progress too. That's my real life TK build-- currently going well, 11weeks in--

0EFE1DB2-06A5-4C02-9F9B-AA8D4D1D3BC2_zps

I went with AP, due to my short stature. And Mark of AP was wonderful about reassuring me that the armor was going to fit my chubbiness. Of course I won't be able to do some of the major fitting until after October. But, I think there will be lots of other projects I can work on.

So I've made my list--

Armor -- AP

Helmet-- AP

Undersuit-- will go to Academy Sports

Canvas Belt-- AP

Holster-- AP (anyone know if this has to be modified for Centurion?)

E-11 Blaster-- thinking TrooperBay. Currently researching what mods required for Centurion, if any.

Boots-- wanted Imperial Boots but site is down for April, so may go with TK Boots

Gloves-- will order NoMex for trooping, have some rubber coming from AP but afraid I'll have to shop local for something to fit my tiny hands

Latex Handguards-- AP

Neck Seal-- thinking Darmen

Supplies/Tools-- using a compilation of Justjoseph63 and NebSgrid's supply lists.

Thinking the whole family is going to make a supply shopping trip today. Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Sunday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some rivets, maybe get a Dremel, stuff like that. Maybe Joanne's, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. ("Old School" Will Ferrell reference...)

Current state of "Overwhelmed"-- 8/10

Current state of Nausea -- 7/10

Current state of Excitement -- 10/10

Can't wait for BBB Day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CoatHanger
  • Like 4

Hey Lindsey,

Welcome and I want to wish you the best on both builds.

The AP holster does not need any alterations for Centurion. Actually all that AP does is Centurion level.

I am doing an AP build as well if you want to see what I have done so far. The link is posted below. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/

Edited by Kaar121

Congrats on the mini TK

Thanks! I think I've got that build under control, but any and all advice on the ANH Stunt is welcome!

• Like 1

Hey Lindsey,

Welcome and I want to wish you the best on both builds.

The AP holster needs no alterations for Centurion. I am doing an AP build as well if you want to see what I have done so far. The link is posted below.

Thanks! I don't see the link, but I'll try to search for the thread.

Wow, congratulations!!!

Thanks! I have your Hero build saved. Great reference. Thank you, and the many other FISD members, for documenting your build for the rest of us.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." --Sir Isaac Newton. (But I'm not expecting to discover gravity, or make any grand advancements, but Centurion would be nice)

• Like 1

Thanks! I have your Hero build saved. Great reference. Thank you, and the many other FISD members, for documenting your build for the rest of us.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." --Sir Isaac Newton. (But I'm not expecting to discover gravity, or make any grand advancements, but Centurion would be nice)

Thanks very kindly - I hope it helps .

Just remember that all of us are ready and on standby to help you along the way. Building with Centurion in mind makes it a ton easier come application time.

I found it to be a huge asset to use this time before your order arrives to explore your surrounding area to find your supplies. Who has what, and where.

Feel free to get a hold of me anytime - I still live here in the FISD lol .

• Like 2

So exciting and awesome on all ends. Baby coming and AP coming. Also keep an eye out on the sales threads for b stock hyperfirms. Great pew pew for the bucks and you just need a D ring to take it centurion. Like Pyrates mentioned, just build it to centurion specs and everything else will be easy. We are here for you! Also, Cricket got some lady gloves from Walmart that worked awesome for smaller hands. Look for her RS build.

sent from my phone

• Like 2

Hey Lindsey, 

Love how your little TK is already dressed in black and white!  :D  Congrats!  

You've received a lot of good advice so far.  Nothing to add from me!   :popcorn: 

• Like 4

Your rivets are on their way, Lindsay!  Congrats on your upcoming future TK, but please take a moment and read this:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33347-e6000-warnings-read-them-and-wear-a-respirator/

• Like 3

Your rivets are on their way, Lindsay! Congrats on your upcoming future TK, but please take a moment and read this: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33347-e6000-warnings-read-them-and-wear-a-respirator/

Thanks so much for this! That really is Troopers looking out for each other!

I have actually already started looking into a respirator (trying to decide how heavy duty to go). And thankfully we have a garage to work in, and if I can fend of the mosquitos in Mississippi, weather that lends itself to open door and lots of fans.

Thank you again! For the link and the rivets!

• Like 2

Thanks so much for this! That really is Troopers looking out for each other!

It's what we do here, Lindsay.  Just pay it forward when you get the chance!

• Like 3

TK Build Update--- Week 12, 2.5inches of awesome and nausea

Armor Update---

HOLY SMOKES!  My kit has shipped!!!  I'm so very excited!! Yet, at the same time freaking out because I haven't bought anything.  All the "buy your supplies and work on accessories while you wait for your kit" advice has been blown out the window by AP's excellence.  So, I am now planning a few frantic trips to Home Depot, Joanne's, and ACE Hardware before next Monday.

But, since I don't have much of anything else to update, I would like to take a moment and give accolades to Mark at AP.  He has had the patience of Job with me.  He has gone above and beyond, sending me pictures of other short statured troopers in his armor, answering a litany of questions, and giving me plenty of reassurance that I am not indeed too chubby to be a trooper.  I know my wait time was purely coincidence of ordering when he had kits in stock, but it really has been the icing on a very perfect cake.  Without even seeing the armor in person, I will quickly recommend him and AP to anyone who will listen. 

Will be checking in soon with a BBB picture!

• Like 3

Congrats! Amazon is also a good source for miscellaneous supplies when you don't want to leave the house.

Today is my birthday. (I'm a lady, so I won't reveal my age.) But apparently the mailman decided to celebrate with me---

732471C5-52D9-4AF1-98D4-1BB1E10B5458_zps

(Obligatory BBB pic!)

992D74DE-D07D-46E5-A91E-B1C608F8BF9D_zps

And all the goodies it contained! (Do these pics remind anyone else of the show Dexter? Just me?)

Thankfully I did get in a trip to Harbor Freight and Home Depot today as part of the birthday festivities, so at least I have something to get started with. So, tomorrow will likely be "plan the first cuts" day, hoping taking metal to ABS soon.

Oh and my hubby is officially jealous. He is now stalking the Special Ops board to see how he can get a R1 DeathTrooper BBB of his own.

52F9DF98-B9ED-4616-BB35-0C204555CB40_zps

Happy Birthday to Me!

Edited by CoatHanger
  • Like 2

:happy and cheerful birthday:  :birthday-cake:  :happy and cheerful birthday:

Happy happy breath day to youuuuu!!!!

And I hope you have many more years of successful breathing to come.  

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Man, life has happened. Can I win a (small) lottery and send my son to boarding school for a few weeks to work on my TK?

Second, this is freaking stressful. All my prep work and I'm still left with a sense of self doubt with every millimeter of ABS I cut.

Okay, helmet questions I'm having trouble finding answers to..

1--- what type of screws/rivets do you use?

I see posts mentioning #4 brass flat slotted. But is that for attaching the front/back pieces And/Or the ears? And where do you buy these? No go at Lowes.

2-- Anybody know if the AP decals are okay for Centurion since they "appears handpainted"?

Thanks everyone, so much!!

Oh, and TK update-- 17weeks, have finally stopped throwing up all Imperial rations.

Hi Lindsay,

All the correct screws are included in the kit, they were in the same ziplock  bag with all the other helmet hardware, the two smallest nuts and bolts are for attaching the face plate to cap/back and the 6 flat slotted screws for the ears, The AP decals are centurion approved.

Mark (AP)

Hi Lindsay,

All the correct screws are included in the kit, they were in the same ziplock bag with all the other helmet hardware, the two smallest nuts and bolts are for attaching the face plate to cap/back and the 6 flat slotted screws for the ears, The AP decals are centurion approved.

Mark (AP)

Thanks Mark!! That's completely my bad for not looking through the BBB again! You truly are the best!