Oh Boy ..... what did i get myself into with this Big Brown Box

Starwheels

Hey everyone, look what i gone & done .... but..... not too sure how long this bulid will take, as i now have a big brown box in the lounge room with a TK Kit inside

will be updating this once i've opened the box & have taken everything out of it

will post pics as its done over time & this is the biggest bulid i've ever done

due to how its going to be made is going to be a challenging bulid for me but .... i'm up for the challenge so bring it on ....

Edited by Starwheels
  • Like 2

Hey everyone, look what i gone & done .... but..... not too sure how long this bulid will take, as i now have a big brown box in the lounge room with a TK Kit inside ( UK TK )

will be updating this once i've opened the box & have taken everything out of it

will post pics as its done over time & this is the biggest bulid i've ever done

due to how its going to be made is going to be a challenging bulid for me but .... i'm up for the challenge so bring it on ....

Good luck. I can seem a little daunting at first, but I'm sure once you start, all will go well. Maybe begin with the biceps first.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Love a BBB, research is the key, once you trim your first pieces you will wonder what all the worry was about, I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck with the build

• Like 1

I remember my first BBB day.  Tearing into it like a kid at Christmas and then realizing... "Oh crap.  I have to put this thing together"!  Like as has been mentioned, just take your time, follow some of the amazing build threads here, and don't forget to check out the Advanced Tactics section to see just how far you can take your armor toward screen accuracy!  It's not as difficult as you may think, and it's easier to do during your build rather than after.  

We are here for you if you have any questions, and I am looking forward to your build thread, Ken!

Welcome to the BBB club, it will all make sense soon, research, research, research, measure, measure, cut :)

thanks i've been doing research on the TK since sept last year as i'm in a manual wheelchair & i know its going to be a challange but .... i say bring it on ... & with the research i've done i've sorta worked out how it can be done as i've asked a ton of questions & picked the brains of others who have done a bulid of there own TK & now with my own BBB the fun is just starting

i'm looking at level 2 or Level 3 for my TK

Nice work mate! Congrats

Gloves - black ansell ones from woolies are what's needed for level 2.

Boots - imperial boots or TK boots are the place to go OR you get black leather ones from horse land and paint.....

Undersuit can just be any compassion setup, lots of people use Kmart ones as they are cheap!

Holsters - i think josh makes these as well!!!

Lots of magnets and clamps. Just when you think you have enough you need more o

For levels 2 and 3 you will need solid black rubber ("chemical") gloves.

The magnets you will need are the neodymium (rare earth) type.  These things are SUPER strong, and I suggest wrapping them individually in blue painter's tape.  As for the size, I would look for the ones that are about 20 mm wide and 3 mm  thick.  You can usually find these on ebay.

Hint:  When using these, you need to slide them apart to separate them and keep them far apart. (They can jump up to 70 mm to reattach themselves). You can break off a fingernail otherwise. 

Make sure that the undersuit has no markings on it, or if it does, you can turn it inside out when you wear it.

Please note that you can follow Ken's new build thread here:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41272-anh-stunt-tk-bulid-2017/   Looking forward to watching your progress!