TE armour

Hello, I was one who was effected by Anovos' pushed back dates so I was looking for another project that wasn't TK related to occupy my wait time. I ran into a gentleman who has an untrimmed TE TK kit he pulled out of storage and is willing to part with it. From what I've read it should be pretty much the start of the family tree for the TK armour but I don't know a lot of the history about it. Would someone be able to enlighten me about its pros and cons or at least where I can locate the info?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it would be great if you can post pix. There are several iterations of TE, but yeah that was the base of most of suits today like ATA, TE2, CAP, CAP2, etc. I presume it's HIPS, right? If so the downsides are that it will need to be painted and is more prone to tear in a few spots. The upside is that it's easier to trim.

It will really come down to price/condition. Heck, someone may even want it as a collector's suit.

• Like 1

He noted that just the helmet was HDPE but didn't mention the rest of the armour. I was assuming it was different as it is white and the helmet is black. The lineage was what interested me as I was fairly content waiting. I requested more pictures as I have only seen the one. Here's the picture I have so far.

ec5c1a19d08ccd1e480184d6308e9778.jpg

It's not a official TE? Interesting. The guy said he was the only owner and he bought it directly from them. It sure doesn't provide a foundation of trust does it? Well that solidifies what course of action to take. Looks like I will keep playing the waiting game. Thank you for the info

TE is notorious for selling molds, then recasting himself and selling more stuff. It's one of the reasons why he was banned from pretty much every 501st forum. TrooperMaster has a far better eye than I do, I'd trust his assessment.

And no, I'm not surprised he recast RS.

Apparently the dude you were considering buying this kit from posted it for sale in the personal items for sale thread and I commented about his pic being identical to the one you posted here. I'm assuming he read what was said here and deleted his sale. Dude will probably go to eBay with his kit now. Lol!