left detail

left_detail_zpsflhrrxrt.png

right detail

right_detail_zpsxmjdemi5.png

left shoulder strap

left_shoulder_zpsrxkkayqy.png

right shoulder strap

right_shoulder_zps1tdfevl8.png

rivet detail (I noticed they were a bit scuffed, so I did a quick touch-up paint job)

rivet_detail_zpstlcvz2rw.png

thermal detonator

TD_screws_zps37qwizzq.png

cod to butt attachment

cod_to_butt_zpsw6srqnce.png

interior strapping

strapping_zpse1addfvm.png

sniper plate left

shin_left_zpsalgawmfx.png

sniper plate right

shin_right_zpsatahoxc0.png

ammo pack left

thigh_left_zpsr34g8lwj.png

ammo pack right

thigh_right_zpshi2h2njq.png

Helmet Photos

front

helmet_front_zpsua9cpedh.png

back

helmet_back_zpsopymtqiv.png

left

helmet_left_zpstvjhlz7g.png

right

helmet_right_zpsx0jmhnwc.png

hovi tip detail

hovi_detail_zpspsdpwn7d.png

lens color

helmet_lens_zpsiwxzdw3u.png

S-trim

helmet_S-trim_zpstoil45yc.png

Accessory Photos

blaster left

blaster_left_zpsuvexaawh.png

blaster right

blaster_right_zpsgineol26.png

D ring

blaster_D-ring_zps2w9lnpk3.png

belt front

belt_front_zpsv467idjx.png

belt back

belt_back_zpsthanflls.png

neck seal

neck_seal_zpsoatepxlx.png

boots

boots_zpso37vuq9w.png

Action Shot

action_zps23pturtv.png

Thank you for your consideration!  This was my first build, and I never could've made it this far without all the excellent advice found here on FISD!

And now I play the waiting game...... :smiley-sw013:

Edited by LuckySox
  • Like 1

everything looks perfect. Looks like an easy approval.

My only critique (and i know it may not be the easiest thing) is that you make modifications to either your abdominal piece or your chest to try to show your front mid-section a bit more.

I know right now it is just the way it fits on your body, but there are some things you can do to make it even better.

Good luck on your submission!

• Like 1

everything looks perfect. Looks like an easy approval.

My only critique (and i know it may not be the easiest thing) is that you make modifications to either your abdominal piece or your chest to try to show your front mid-section a bit more.

I know right now it is just the way it fits on your body, but there are some things you can do to make it even better.

Good luck on your submission!

Thanks, David. Yeah, I definitely fall into the "a little short..." category, hence the diminished abdomen presence lol. I have seen some mods done by other short troopers to help combat this--something I probably will look into down the line now that I'm slightly more confident in my build skills (as opposed to a year ago!)

Not an EIB thing but you might want to reduce down the shoulder returns on the back plate.  You can already see the stress cracks forming. IF you reduce the return down there's far less stress on the outside edge so it will be less prone to crack.

Not an EIB thing but you might want to reduce down the shoulder returns on the back plate. You can already see the stress cracks forming. IF you reduce the return down there's far less stress on the outside edge so it will be less prone to crack.

I just took another look thru the photos and I see what you mean--on the close ups of the shoulder strap, you're talking about the stress cracks on the sides of the back plate, right? I don't know if I even noticed that before, but I see it now. Thanks for the tip, will definitely address that.

• Like 1

Really nice job on this build, Jess!  The only thing you may have to address is the overlap of the back plate over the kidney.  If so, this is a really easy fix.  Stellar job, Trooper!

• Like 1

Good luck Jess, looking good. May want a lighter background for the E-11 pics, hovi tip mod looks good, will need to check out how it sounds at the next troop.

Thanks, Brian!  I snapped a few indoors, hopefully these are a little easier to see:

blaster_left2_zpspb3ttiys.jpg

blaster_right2_zpscb5rltdz.jpg

And the hovi tips work great, very happy with the whole setup once I worked out placement in my bucket.  I like having everything all in one place.

Hey Jess, thank you for your EI application, let's get started. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome and congratulations!        :salute:. Beautiful work on your build       :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. Since this section is used to enhance to overall look of your armor we have a few requests. Anovos is notorious for paint over spray, specifically at the teeth. Were requesting troopers to remove the over spray where the teeth meet the gun line. A little bit of mineral spirits and a Q-tip should do the trick. In some cases in the process too much of the original tooth color can get removed. If that happens you may need to repaint the entire frown.

frown.jpg

Here's a reference photo

e0e32d77-4afb-4ef6-8bcd-6f83cf5d1937.jpg

While on the subject of the helmet. The Vcoder paint outline should be a bit more defined. A little Testers glossy black usually does the job.

vcode.jpg

Reference photo

vcoder.jpg

And finally with the helmet the tube strips should be a #2 pencil width away from the face. This involves a bit more work as you'll most likely have to remove the old stripes first. There are stencils that your can buy and plenty of tutorials and build threads illustrating how to do this.

tubes.jpg

Reference photo

b5832953-e298-476a-be5e-5aa55188242f.jpg

Your left forearm is considerably larger than the right which will require you to resize it so they match.  

forearm%202.jpg

Next up, the posterior connections need to be tightened up a smidgen. The plate is sticking out a bit too far and should be more aligned with the kidney..

post.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

Closing off the visual enhancements is a few cover strips appear to be extending past the return edge of the armor. This could be a photo issue only but they are indeed too long we're suggesting you trim them back to avoid being snagged on other areas.

cover.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here.

The only are of concern is the CRL states there should be little to no overlap of the back plate to kidney armor.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

back.jpg

Reference photo

cool%20pic-crop2b.jpg

Your's isn't too bad but worth mentioning none the less. As simple strap adjustment, or pulling the lower armor sections down should remedy the issue.

That's it. Again, excellent job on your build, hope to see you at Centurion.          :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Tony! I appreciate all your advice. After working on the armor for a while , It gets hard to see the detail corrections that need to be made, so this helps tremendously. Not looking forward to redoing those tube stripes though--I'm a terrible painter! Time to brush up on my skills ;)

Thanks Tony! I appreciate all your advice. After working on the armor for a while , It gets hard to see the detail corrections that need to be made, so this helps tremendously. Not looking forward to redoing those tube stripes though--I'm a terrible painter! Time to brush up on my skills ;)

Glad to be of help. YOOOU CAAAN DO IT! 

• Like 1