My RT Mod Build[*RT]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to add some snaps to the ab section under your belt. The downside of the canvas belt is that it will slide around on the plastic. Snaps will help it stay in place.

Thanks Paul, I'll do that.

I checked out the Office Depot near my house and did'nt find any money clips, I also checked the local Wallmart as well and found nothing. I'm not sure were to check next, I'm at a stand still. :6: Any more suggestions would be much appreciated. 16 days until the Toronto Fan Expo. That means I have 16 days to find these money clips, complete the armor, get accepted by the 501st, and make contact with the Toronto garrison. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. :unsure:

Thanks Paul, I'll do that.

I checked out the Office Depot near my house and did'nt find any money clips, I also checked the local Wallmart as well and found nothing. I'm not sure were to check next, I'm at a stand still. :6: Any more suggestions would be much appreciated. 16 days until the Toronto Fan Expo. That means I have 16 days to find these money clips, complete the armor, get accepted by the 501st, and make contact with the Toronto garrison. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. :unsure:

Sandman, I had the same issue until someone suggested the "Tandy Leather Factory." You want 1238-00, 1239-00 or the 1240-00.....Tandy Leather Factory Clips....hope this helps! In general, I would suggest any sort of leather warehouse you can find! (they have lots of goodies)

Sandman, I had the same issue until someone suggested the "Tandy Leather Factory." You want 1238-00, 1239-00 or the 1240-00.....Tandy Leather Factory Clips....hope this helps! In general, I would suggest any sort of leather warehouse you can find! (they have lots of goodies)

Thanks Charles, once again there's a store located near to where I live, I'll check it out tonight.

Cheers. :)

After spray painting the back of the Thermal detinator grey I drilled two holes so I attach the belt clips.

RTBuild26.jpg

I used metal screws to attach the belt clip to the back of the TD.

RTBuild27.jpg

Here's a shot of the back with the belt clips attached.

RTBuild28.jpg

I bought the clips at Tandy Leather. Thanks for the tip Charles, they worked out perfectly.

RTBuild29.jpg

:)

Looking very good! I tried using just snaps alone to attach the moulded plastic front of the belt to my canvas belt. Every now and then the snaps would come loose. Looks like you used the same snaps that I did. I re-enforced the snaps with insudtrial velcro and now I dont come unsnapped anymore. I wish mt TD had the flat mounting pieces. I had to make my own TD clips that wrap around the cylinder.

Thanks Smitty. Yeah I'm still not sure how the snaps on the moulded plastic belt's gonna work out. If it doe'snt hold I'll pull the entire thing apart and rivet the belt directly on to the ab...but hopefully this won't ne nessissary.

Got my boots from CA Boots last week, they were the wrong size, too small, I had to send them back, so it does'nt appear that I'm gonna be done building my armor by this Friday ( the start of the Toronto fan Expo ) I guess I'll have to wait for the next event to wear my armor. :(

Have you spoken to the Canadian Garrison? Perhaps a member there has a pair of boots that you can borrow.

WOW the replacement pair just showed up today that was fast :) , unfortunatly I have other problems as well. I'm haveing a bit of trouble with the snaps system that hold the thigh armor ( legs ) to the torso. I worked on it last night but I could'nt get it to hold, it kept coming un-snapped. Also waiting for the AB buttons from VaderDave and the little peices of armor that go on the hands are currently en-route from Vancouver. Even if it all arrives this week I think it will be a bit diifficult to make contact with the Canadian Garrison get approved and arrange to meet everyone in just 3 days. Pretty sure I'm out of luck, but I'll continue working on it just in case. B)

I feel like a rebel pilot thats still filling his X-Wing with gasoline as the Death Star clears the third moon at Yarvin.

:unsure:

Even if you aren't an enlisted trooper in the 501st doesn't mean you shouldn't troop at the con. If your gear is ready you should totally still go, you might be able to get in contact with your garrison there. B) Best of luck finishing your gear for the event! :)

Sandman, where was the Tandy Leather Shop. I think there is one in Mississauga, is that the one you went too?

Hey Darcy...Yes there's one on Tomken Rd. just north of Matheson, the exact address is 5562 Tomken Rd.

Cheers. :)

Yah, that's the one I found on google maps. I'll make a trip this weekend. You with the Toronto garrison? I can't get a hold of anyone over there.

Thanks Paul.

I'm not with the 501st yet, I'm still finishing my build. They'll be at the Fan Expo all weekend, they have a huge booth and tons of stuff going on. If I get it done I'm going to bring it out and troop with them. I was also told by the garrison I can also get my pics done at the show for joining so it could happen faster. I did my first fitting last night and it looks pretty good. I'll post some pics tonight.

Still waiting for the Ab buttons and the hand armor. If they dont arrive by Friday, I might just go over to the Dollar Store and buy something made out of cheap white plastic and jerry-rig something temporary that looks like hand armor just to get me through the weekend. I can't fix it latter. For the Ab buttons, I was thinking about cutting circles out of black electrical tape it should get me through the weekend.

:0Lighten:

RUSH RUSH RUSH !!! :P

The Tandy Store will have the buttons. That's the main reason I was heading over. You want the 1/4" (1290-02).

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=1290-02

I'm in NY that weekend, so it looks like I'll miss it. I wanted to take my kids (went to the ComicCon - which was a huge disappointment). I'm just finishing up my thighs and some odds and ends.

Have fun!

The velcro and strap system that holds it all together.

RTBuild31.jpg

The TD attached to the belt.

RTBuild32.jpg

Although not completely done I decided to try fitting it all together. Not too bad for a first try. Long way to go though.

RTBuild34.jpg

Well I finished it, rush, rush, rush, just in time for the Fan Expo this weekend. Had some trouble with the shoulder straps, they kept coming undone. I used some scotch tape to help hold them in place, just as a temporay fix. Other than that it went pretty well. Here's a picture of me with two other guys from the Toronto Garrison. I'll post some more pics when I get the chance. I'm the one in the white armor. :D

F1.jpg

Gonna apply to the 501st this week. :)

Probably the second last comment in this thread, I had these shots done today.

gallery_542_144_238590.jpg

gallery_542_144_19461.jpg

Thanks to all that helped and offered advise could'nt have done it without whitearmor.net it was a long road but well worth while. I should get approval today, I just chose my TK numbers, I'll advise upon final approval

Cheers to all.

:)