Jimmiroquai Rogue One TK Builds

That's awesome, then all it will need is a nice gloss clear coat. I wonder which kind will be best for protecting the armor and shine up nice if you want to buff out any surface scratches, similar to using Novus Plastic Polish on ABS.

Or do you think the armor will require primer and/or paint?

Hmmm.  That's interesting.  I guess just a clear coat would work, especially if you're going for a weathered version.  This material yellows over time though so best option might still be primer, paint, and a clear coat

Here's the unpainted kit all rigged up!

ziolBp.jpg
k9PjMH.jpg
KD7FJ3.jpg
JILO5J.jpg
UBNNrK.jpg

Some notes:

I'm 5'9 and a bit on the wider spectrum in the pics. So for taller folks, there will be more of the abs backplate cod and butt exposed. Lots of built in allowance for height and girth all over too.

Back plate and TD is on a bit crooked (dressed myself)

I can probably lower the cod and butt a bit more.

Movement is awesome. If i were a bit taller i would be able to sit, kneel, get kicked around by Chirrut Imwe.

Material is flexible fiberglass

Not sure if you can see it in the pics but i'm also wearing the correct undersuit.

• Like 10

Wow Jim, this looks absolutely incredible! You did an amazing job. This is officially the first ever Rogue One Stormtrooper armor available. I'm really glad you took the time to do it right, the end result is definitely worth the time and effort. It's accurate and it looks Awesome! 

• Like 2

Looking good Jim  :jc_doublethumbup: . Question, are you considering making the legs adjustable in width as well? In the photos they're sitting kind of low and seem to be too small even for you. Nice work though 

Wow Jim, this looks absolutely incredible! You did an amazing job. This is officially the first ever Rogue One Stormtrooper armor available. I'm really glad you took the time to do it right, the end result is definitely worth the time and effort. It's accurate and it looks Awesome! 

Thanks!  I'm a completist i guess, and since i had most of the parts already from the Shoretrooper, I didn't have to do stuff from scratch.

Looking good Jim  :jc_doublethumbup: . Question, are you considering making the legs adjustable in width as well? In the photos they're sitting kind of low and seem to be too small even for you. Nice work though 

Thanks, Tony!  Yes, the thighs are actually cast much taller and wider.  I had to trim about 2" off the top and cut it in the back to reduce girth.  And yes, it looks like i over trimmed a bit.  Haha.

Here's a pic after trimming the length but before reducing the girth.

Muk1kA.jpg

• Like 4

There just aren't words or emojis that cover my expression in seeing this come to life, from day to day.

Amazing work across the board...  Clearly, by Jim.  

Great eyes, eveyrone, and man... Has it ever been brought to life in that sculpt.

Truly impressive work.   :icon_bow:

• Like 3

Like i mentioned before, i was a bit hesitant about making a helmet for this because the black series bucket is cheap and can be fixed with some mods.  That being said, i now agree that wow, that was a heck of a lot of mods to do and the casual armor builder would probably have a hard time making it look nice afterwards.  After my personal bucket was modified, it was so heavy and it was difficult to get everything to blend together seamlessly.  In the end, we had to make a waste mold of the modifed bucket, cast in it plaster, and clean it and mod it some more.  So here's the bucket, which was based on a BS, heavily modified.  (To be honest, i'm still hesitant about releasing this because we usually sculpt stuff completely from scratch).

TVTi4U.jpg

kcsYMw.jpg

fuw1L3.jpg

E0qOwW.jpg

Changes include the ff:

1) Larger and lower brow

2) Closed seams while leaving them a bit well defined

3) Cleaned up and sharpened vents, traps, tears, etc

4) Slightly smaller mouth

5) Made the seams of the chin section more prominent and well defined

6) Got rid of the batt compartment and speaker seams

7) Extended the chin bulbs inward

8) got rid of the battery compartment protruding into the back of the helmet

9) made bottom trim continuous

10) sculpted a new, more tubular vocoder

Here it is painted up:

kO0Uz7.jpg

O6ylzU.jpg

vHHY32.jpg

GHCgnW.jpg

It actually came out a bit lighter than the BS.

Pics in armor, hopefully tomorrow.

• Like 9

I would reccomend using weather stripping as the neck hole trim to make it more realistic and rubbery :) 

You beat me to it! This helmet actually looks similar to mine! I'm glad someone else went the same route with the brow that I did. 

Still need the eye bump ;) 

• Like 2

Wow, every time I come back to this thread I'm blown away! The Helmet & Armor look incredibly accurate Jim! Amazing Job, you've outdone yourself yet once again.

And you did some heavy modifications to the BS before casting, so in a way that sculpt is somewhat yours. I really wouldn't worry too much about that, there's no need to reinvent the wheel when we all know the general shape and size of the BS is accurate. But you really made some much needed improvements that actually make it screen accurate! Namely the Chin Bulbs being extended inwards, More Accurate Brow and Vocoder, and last but not least removing the ugly Speaker Grill/Battery Compartment. Just look at the back of that beautiful helmet now!

GHCgnW.jpg

And those photos of the raw cast before painting REALLY show off your modifications to the sculpt! Definitely unique to YOUR kit and much more screen accurate than a BS.

kcsYMw.jpg

• Like 2

I'm mostly interested in the helmet. It looks very good.

The tube stripes don't look quite right to me. They look a little too long, not deep enough, and possibly too far down the tube. In the length and position, I am referring to the direction wrapping around the tube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm mostly interested in the helmet. It looks very good.

The tube stripes don't look quite right to me. They look a little too long, not deep enough, and possibly too far down the tube. In the length and position, I am referring to the direction wrapping around the tube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The blue paint just got on the side walls of the vent.  A better way would be to cut the vents out and place a blue strip of plastic underneath.  However, with this being cast, the depth of the vents might not be as consistent as leaving them in.