Jimmiroquai Rogue One TK Builds

Jim, did you see the post above that one about the back plate? http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41169-jimmiroquai-rogue-one-tk-builds/?p=552832

I believe he was referring to the horizontal lines I mentioned that are located on top of the "II." Are you referring to the step the II is on that me and you were talking about?

Yup, the single step/platform for both I Is

• Like 1

Yup, the single step/platform for both I Is

Exactly! I really hate to be nitpicking but this is whitearmor.net after all. We all want it to come out as accurate as possible. It's a good thing that you appreciate the input. Much better to get it right prior to molding! Though I have faith in you, your FOTK kits were like spot on!

Edited by SlyFox740

Revisions done!  Going into the mastering phase prior to molding these up

Chest: flared out bottom a bit more.  Outward curve on the pecs.  

t2HAsb.jpg

Back: Flared out the sides a bit.  Taller backpack. Single platform for the 1 1.  central ramp on the strap slots

HjGRJP.jpg

EUGau0.jpg

Abs: Central ramp more flush to the ab box

ciT0ue.jpg

Cod: higher "bikini" cut;  Butt: minor revisions

hHUGLH.jpg

• Like 4

Great job!!! Unless I'm looking at the back armor wrong, is that a square shape coming from the slot? If I recall it's smooth above that. And compared to the reference pic, the top area could be slightly lowered above the box. I dont mean this as picking, just figured you'd like as many accuracies as possible before molding :)

Edited by Par_

Definitely awesome to watch this process unfold.  You are truly a master, Jim.  Thanks for sharing the process with all of us.

• Like 2

Wow Jim! Your latest update looks incredibly amazing! Really Impressive work, you are very talented.  I would like to point out one minor thing though, not sure maybe you just missed it but the middle ab buttons/ribs have a ramp at the top as well.

------

The sides also appear to have a ramp too.
--------

It looks like your sculpt might have a bit of a slope, maybe it's just the angle of this photo but it looks like it could use more of a ramp.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/ciT0ue.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Damn wallet is gonna be light, please tell me you might do a helmet too?<br><br>

On edit...<br>

How well will this kit be got the vertically challenged but horizontally blessed? <br>

Ok I admit, short, yet beer enhanced lol

Edited by Weylyn

Updates!  

We've molded the chest and back to see how they fit with the Ab section and also so we can work on the rib/side pieces.  These will have lots of allowance to accommodate a wide range of girths.  The Ab section will be cast in one piece, just like our FOTK or Shoretrooper.  Split in the back will be covered by the back plate.  Do take note the the ab section is sized to a 39" waist by default and can still be brought in just by cutting the back.  So it can be much slimmer than in the pics.  The chest and back was also positioned a bit too high relative to the ab section.  At least it gives an idea of the upper fit limit height wise.  

NElHty.jpg 

VHh4jB.jpg 

Z2XZLA.jpg 

We've started on the Thighs as well.  These will be cast in one piece.  If one needs to shorten it, just trim from the top.  If it needs to be slimmer, the idea is to cut along the coverstrip of one or both sides and the flexible fiberglass can be made to overlap.  Similar to what we've done with the Death trooper and FOTK thighs:

U1sMpj.jpg 

dJU1y9.jpg 

49YqLv.jpg 

And in case people are wondering about the flexible fiberglass material:

---------------

Input and feedback very much welcome!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 8

Awesome work :)

As well as people wanting to do the full RO TK, I'm pretty sure that this chest and backplate are what the Special Forces Inferno Squad are wearing in the Battlefront 2 trailer and there seems to be a lot of interest in those guys at the moment over on Spec Ops and JRS.

• Like 1

Updates!

Made the side extensions for the chest and back.  Made sure to add allowance.  Made the shoulder straps too.

G6jwF5.jpg

0wLENK.jpg

Finished the thighs and now working on the shins: Like the DT, there will be an option for regular and tall.  Started the knee ammo strip as well

o774gN.jpg

brU9gR.jpg

• Like 4

This is so cool! Is there a waiting list? Or do we need to wait until the CRL is finished

Edited by yoshix
  • Like 1