ESB Shoulder Straps for Centurion

Hey all,

Like most of the TK's here I run with the ANH stunt version, but I am in the process of doing an ESB 'Add on' to my ANH suit so that it can be interchangeable between the two.

It's fairly straightforward to do: a new bucket including ESB decal trimmings, new canvas belt and holster, new handplates and gloves, and modding my second E-11 (I can swap out scopes, counter and power cylinders to configure it between versions as needed).

However, I'm looking at the changes to the shoulder strap area - the plastic straps that is.  I'm aiming for a Centurion-level ESB mod, so the CRL reads like this:

For level three certification (if applicable):
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • These shall be affixed in the back (no snaps, rivets or brads shall be visible).
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

It's the second point I need some clarification on - I'm seeing recent Centurion approvals where it appears the back of the straps are not affixed to the back plate - is this correct?

I'm inclined to use velcro to affix the back end, and just peeling it off the back plate if moving to the ANH version, i.e. following the CRL, but it seems this particular checkpoint is not failing Centurion apps either way?  Or has this just been a very recent change?

basically only difference between ANH and ESB are the gloves, the holster, and the helmet details. Everything else is ANH since they just reused those costumes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holster (and its attachment to belt), helmet details (decal only for ESB Centurion v. hand-painted only for ANH Centurion; black frown v. gray frown, color variation, different number of teeth cut out, maybe?), Snowie hand plates (and how they attach), no bubble lenses, and blaster (stripped down from ANH version; there are also two ESB versions, but I couldn't begin to tell you the difference).  Maybe one other tiny detail,  but yeah, like everyone else said, pretty dang close.  

I took the second and third bullet to mean the bridges free float in the back, but are held in place/connected by the white elastic band, and the elastic or webbing connector (elastic stretched out in two troops in my experience, got replaced with webbing), which are snapped to the chest and back plates.  The free-float also, in my experience, makes it easier to get on and off, an puts less stress on the bridges themselves, so less potential for cracking.  Here's my photos:

Back%20Shoulder%20Connections_zpsdhzelub

Shoulder%20Bridges_zps3txcueyv.jpg

• Like 1