Batmanmike's AP build thread

batmanmike

Great to see you got stuck back into this build Mike, and its looking very good indeed.

Make sure to take any sharp corners off your cover strips with a bit of sand paper, also do the same with all your return edges and anywhere you think you may get two pieces come together and pinch you while wearing your kit. Armour bite is a fact of life with trooping but you can reduce the damage it can cause to you and your under suit by rounding off corners just a touch.

I'm sure you will find a few areas that can cause issue once you get your first troop or so down.

Keep up the stellar work :duim:

• Like 1

Good work, Mike!  The industrial strength adhesive is strong enough after a day.  No extra glue needed.  Yes, the hard side needs to face outwards or you'll rip up your undersuit and boots. (:

1 hour ago, batmanmike said:

Velcro need to be glued as well?

In my case, I use the same velcro brand and had to glue it with E6000. 

cheers

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

I squared mine of so there was nothing sticking out from the ends, they can dig into the tops of your boots otherwise ;) 

• Like 1

The armour was very asymmetrical so left and right were different shapes. Hot water bath would have been the way to go before the halves were glued together. If you have used E6000 then you can pull the cover strips off and wrap the halves around something round and tie up with twine. Immerse in boiling water you have just taken off the heat for around 30 seconds to 1 minute so the plastic slightly softens, then hit it with cold water to reset into a rounder shape.

• Like 1

#2 pencil, candy cane... whatever you have handy.  Looking good!

Hey trooper,

I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet but, your tubestripes are currently applied to the opposite sides to what is intended. This leads to the front few stripes pointing up towards the eyes rather than falling forwards towards the frown. Just in case you’re looking to progress up to EIB and Centurion, you might want to consider reapplying (either decals or painted).

Here’s a detailed explanation of the tubestripes application.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

Best wishes
Dan

Hey trooper,

I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet but, your tubestripes are currently applied to the opposite sides to what is intended. This leads to the front few stripes pointing up towards the eyes rather than falling forwards towards the frown. Just in case you’re looking to progress up to EIB and Centurion, you might want to consider reapplying (either decals or painted).

Here’s a detailed explanation of the tubestripes application.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

Best wishes
Dan

Dan- no, I didn’t know! Thank you for the info. I will have to fix it...or maybe burn it in my backyard! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan- no, I didn’t know! Thank you for the info. I will have to fix it...or maybe burn it in my backyard! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. For sure, don’t burn it!! It’s only a little thing. Your GML might not mind for basic clearance. It will just be something raised at the higher levels.

Keep up the good work. :-)