Batmanmike's AP build thread

batmanmike

BBB came, nicely packed. This is my first build so I'm am very excited:)

da61c50f595fbf3aa948ccb9cd5e4ff4.jpg

6a9b0e0de8e215c1e3571366a28e940b.jpg

ff7ab899c6b498f0045e8612b720d64e.jpg

0b918bd36807f67da68f481ab4121d1f.jpg

I thought I would start easy (if that exsists!! LOL) Here is the Sniper knee, after drawing with a pencil on it I was hoping a few could tell me it looks okay before I try and cut. The thought of messing something up, even after reading and reading examples is making me stressed :)

Bottom

78d32c7d8ad3e8525d5b564e64841720.jpg

Sides

8dfc7fc1524cc17cfb24adb4ae4e1af4.jpg

e1e17fcd1c6349591b602a697e41aed2.jpg

1527e0359dc55e4d89349a6f9e9f8ff6.jpg

I did notice on UKSWraith post he left a little more on the top sides...

bb30be9b2261cbcf53caaa6880f56684.jpg

Check me-Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by batmanmike
  • Like 1

Congrats on the BBB day! Your sniper knee pencil lines look good. Cut away!<br><br>

Mike, will you be shooting for EIB or Centurion with your build? I'd recommend it as TK's look their best at that level. Have a look at the builds and applications for great pics and tips.

Edited by 68Brick
  • Like 2

Hey mate the sniper knee plate will be easier to attach if you lose most of the return from underneath it. I draw the score lines for the bottom from inside the plate and cut to those. Top returns can be kept ad you've done.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Congrats on the BBB day! Your sniper knee pencil lines look good. Cut away!<br><br>

Mike, will you be shooting for EIB or Centurion with your build? I'd recommend it as TK's look their best at that level. Have a look at the builds and applications for great pics and tips.

Centurion would be nice. Heck, a 501st approval would make me excited, lol. Hope to start cutting away at some of the armor this weekend. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hey mate the sniper knee plate will be easier to attach if you lose most of the return from underneath it. I draw the score lines for the bottom from inside the plate and cut to those. Top returns can be kept ad you've done.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

Thanks!

• Like 1

The sniper knee plate looks great, Mike.  Trimming that bottom completely off will allow it to fit snug against the calf.  In the second photo of your last post it looks as if you need to remove the rest of the return edge from the piece on the left.  Also, since you may be aiming for Centurion I would recommend removing all the return edges from the wrist side of your forearm pieces.  You should also think about removing them from the tops of the thighs as well.

It is not a requirement, but you may find that the return edges on the thighs (especially on the inside) can chafe the heck out of you after a short while.

When you get the chance, I would have a look at some of the approved Centurion submission threads in the Advanced Tactics section, especially those that deal with AP armor.

• Like 3

Looking great, Mike!  For those teeth, I suggest picking up a set of needle files from Lowe's.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-6-Piece-Needle-File-Set/4777067 They will help immensely.

• Like 1

Looking great, Mike! For those teeth, I suggest picking up a set of needle files from Lowe's. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-6-Piece-Needle-File-Set/4777067 They will help immensely.

Haha! Those are the ones I have been using. I feel like I'm digging to China with a nail file, lol

• Like 2