Trimming for Anovos kit.

b3rd

Hello everyone, I am doing my first build of the Anovos kit and I am 5'6 150 lbs and I need to do some trimming . I guess I need to know do all parts like the biceps shoulder bells and chest piece need to have their return edges ? Is it more for the look or comfort?

Assuming you're not using the screen-accurate "original" strapping system, the return edges are more for the look than anything else - they give the armor an illusion of thickness.

You should definitely take the return edge off completely at the wrist and ankles - everywhere else it is up to you and your preferred balance of comfort vs aesthetic. Personally, I would leave as much on as possible while still having a comfortable fit.

• Like 1

Assuming you're not using the screen-accurate "original" strapping system, the return edges are more for the look than anything else - they give the armor an illusion of thickness.

You should definitely take the return edge off completely at the wrist and ankles - everywhere else it is up to you and what you're preferred balance of comfort vs aesthetic. Personally, I would leave as much on as possible while still having a comfortable fit.

def agree with this. with your height and weight you will likely be able to leave alot of return edges on :) once you get it all fitted and trooping you will find where you want to take off some return edges for comfort. some parts fit/feel better with no return edges(tops of thighs is a big one) if you are able to leave some return edges but you are getting armor bites while wearing you can always add some foam into your armor in spots to keep it from nipping at you :)

• Like 1

OK I see, I like to have a return edge on the pieces I think it looks better.

That's what I made. Then I took on the armor and did som walking, running and jumping to find out where I need to cut off some return edges.

Cheers Christian