Need Advice - First Build Getting Close

Hi All,

As you can see below, my build is coming along and now I need your advice.  Can you please take a look below and let me know what is out of place?  I've still got things to do, but the main body of work is done (unless you tell me otherwise  :D ).  Any comments would be appreciated!

Front:

I'm currently making a new belt and will snap that on to the ab piece so it doesn't slip, the Anovos supplied one could be a bit more sturdy.

Also, I am going to put some foam in the thigh to get them sitting correctly. 

Front_zpsgnwshb0j.jpg

Back:

Need to pick up some 1/4" elastic for the shoulder bridges. I may reset the angle on the right bridge if the elastic doesn't hold it in place.

TD is not centered (even though I asked my girlfriend to check). haha

Back_zpslncjvwyr.jpg

Back of Knees:

I did have to shim my thighs a small bit and am going to notch out the thigh at least.  Do these look like an appropriate amount to you?  I will round it more, just not great in MS Paint.

How do you feel about notching the calf at the areas marked?

Knee%20Edit_zpspmjur4qv.jpg

Right:

Still need to paint the knee ammo pack rivets.

Right%20Side_zpsby5fmeog.jpg

Left:

Left%20Side_zpswmhed0ov.jpg

Thank you so much for taking a look!!  Hopefully I can fulfill that dream of being a TK soon!

-Java

All the items you mention yourself are good catches. Cuts in back of knee are fine but do more rounded they are like a longer rounded half oval. Check screen ref pics I am on iPad so don't have them here.<br><br>

Anovos belt connection is the only glaring issue I see. Should only be connected with the bottom 2 Chicago screws. You need to remove the top two and repair fabric or just replace the belt. That is the only addition I would make to your own commentary.<br><br>

Good job! Just a bit more work and you should be ready to submit to your GML!

• Like 1

Hi Java!

You did this all by yourself? Very impressive!

The good news is, you have "caught" or noticed a lot of the things you need to look at for the armor. There are some great tutorials and build in the forums to address the belt and how to attach it properly with snaps...this being the most detailed:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

Tony is an incredible builder and gives great detail...you cannot go wrong looking at how he did the Anovos TK. 

One thing I found, also, was be sure to double-check your measurements and the placement of the belt. I had to re-do mine for higher level approval, because it sat a little too low. You want it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch actually overlapping the Ab button plate.

Agree with all other comments...this is the place to get all the help you need. Feel free to ask anything at anytime. We are here to help.

Good luck, and great job!!!

Jon

• Like 1

The only other suggestion I could make is bringing the back plate down closer to the kidney plate. Ideally you want as small a gap as possible there. I am on the taller side and had to heat and bend the tops of the back plate at the shoulders so they would lay flatter and cut the space in between the plates.c833ad344d35dd6567da99662fd5a6bd.jpg

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Jon & Allan!

Jon:  Although I'm the only one that's worked on the physical armor, by myself would be a BIG stretch.  I owe a lot of credit to many many people on this forum that helped me without knowing it. Tony's build has been my bible throughout the past month+  (see below)!! I've also kept a close eye on the build threads as they've come up, looking for different ways of doing things that I was struggling with.  And thanks for pointing out the overlap on the belt, I'll have to pay close attention to that when I finish making my replacement.

Allan:  I know that gap isn't as pretty as I would like it to be  :(.  I did use the boil method to straighten the shoulder part of the back in order to lower it some.  I'm afraid that if I lower it more that the gap between the back plate and the helmet would be too much.  I am 6'1" and unfortunately have a slightly long torso for the height.

20170218_084817_zpsfvamyc9a.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Jon & Allan!

Jon: Although I'm the only one that's worked on the physical armor, by myself would be a BIG stretch. I owe a lot of credit to many many people on this forum that helped me without knowing it. Tony's build has been my bible throughout the past month+ (see below)!! I've also kept a close eye on the build threads as they've come up, looking for different ways of doing things that I was struggling with. And thanks for pointing out the overlap on the belt, I'll have to pay close attention to that when I finish making my replacement.

Allan: I know that gap isn't as pretty as I would like it to be :(. I did use the boil method to straighten the shoulder part of the back in order to lower it some. I'm afraid that if I lower it more that the gap between the back plate and the helmet would be too much. I am 6'1" and unfortunately have a slightly long torso for the height.

20170218_084817_zpsfvamyc9a.jpg

I think you can do it..I have the Anovos and am a little taller at 6'2". But you can pass the way it is now. If you want to go to EIB and Centurion you would need to close it down. Good job overall!! Now comes the fun part, trooping!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk