Most comfortable/mobile TK?

I'm trying to decide on a TK, but I honestly like all of them (including R1 and TFA), so I think I'll use comfort as a tie breaker. Does anyone have a ranking of which TK is most comfortable to wear and/or easiest to move around in? I'm also curious as to what specific annoyances each individual TK has (e.g. ANH Hero's bubble lenses making it even harder to see). <br><br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well none of them are going to be that comfortable/flexible. You body is covered in plastic strapped together. My advice would be to build your favorite. The OT TK's are easier to build than the TFA TK's. If you don't have a lot of experience I would start with an OT TK.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with Allan.  Also, the FO-TK is nearly impossible to get dressed in by yourself, without assistance.  OT TK can be put on without help (although it takes some practice to get to this point).

Well none of them are going to be that comfortable/flexible. You body is covered in plastic strapped together. My advice would be to build your favorite. The OT TK's are easier to build than the TFA TK's. If you don't have a lot of experience I would start with an OT TK.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The thing is, I love the OT TK's. My original plan was to build an ANH-Stunt. But I also love how they've by updated it for R1 and gotten rid of the wonkiness- I lean heavily on the "idealized" side of the spectrum. And while I don't like FOTK quite as much as the OT, the opportunity to do "TR-8R" with the baton and riot shield is VERY appealing, too.

Gonna have to mull this over. I was hoping one of them would be significantly more comfortable, or at least make it easier to move around.

As of now with my R1 TK shins, I can run in them ok (unlike the OT TK). That is, we'll see when I have thighs. But shins so far, yes I can run in them fine. But sprint? No.

Edited by Par_
  • Like 1

As of now with my R1 TK shins, I can run in them ok (unlike the OT TK). That is, we'll see when I have thighs. But shins so far, yes I can run in them fine. But sprint? No.

where did you get your R1 TK shins? 

• Like 1

OT TK is most likely going to be your best bet. Fitted and trimmed properly you have good mobility. I have ANH Stunt TK and I can do stairs, sit, kneel, and kit up and down completely by myself in less than 15 minutes.

Add to this the fact that there are WAY more resources for builds and armor, I'd be strongly leaning toward ANH Stunt TK. It's also going to be significantly less expensive to build.

I really don't think any of them are going to be comfortable. It also depends how you build it. I spent months after I built my suit tweaking it to fit me better. Small things like trimming a tiny bit more return edge. Or installing foam in a specific place. I had to open my thighs up at one point because I realized I lined the angle up in a weird way causing it to be smaller at the top then it should have been.

In the long run though I can now sit down, kneel (Never on the sniper knee plate, don't want that popping off) run, take stairs with ease, etc.

The only thing I don't really like is the limited vision. I can't look down, the chest armor stops the helmet from making this movement. The lowest I can look is about five feet from my own feet.

I have two fans in my helmet and honestly, I can wear this thing all day. I've walked around cons for four or five hours at a time and it felt like nothing.

Considering all the action scenes in R1, I would bet that this TK is the most comfortable one.

Just look how short the upper legs are, compared to the OT TKs. In my eyes this armor has been made to look like the OT TKs but with a maximum of movability.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. R1 seems to be edging out ANH (and TFA is totally out of the running). I'll look into the price differential and ponder for a bit.<br><br>

Edit: Well, it looks like no one's offering R1 TK armor at this time anyway. I guess that settles it.

Edited by NotRookie

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. R1 seems to be edging out ANH (and TFA is totally out of the running). I'll look into the price differential and ponder for a bit.<br><br>

Edit: Well, it looks like no one's offering R1 TK armor at this time anyway. I guess that settles it.

I was gonna say.  They haven't even nailed down the R1 CRL yet, and no one makes a complete set of armor.  Par is trying to piece together a set that might pass muster eventually, but that's not done yet.

It would be nice if someone would produce a legit full set of R1 armor that's ready to build like any other kit, but we're a long way off.  (and I worry the price will be insane, too)