HELP! First ever kit build help needed

kel voren

Hi so i decided to buy and build my first ever kit for the 501st with the ANH stormtrooper.

The kit has gone together nicely and looks great but unfortunately i didnt do enough research into how they're put together so i have used contact adhesive.

Problem is the contact adhesive is obviously not clear and you can see it on the seams of the strips to connect parts. I can post pics later if you need them.

My question is what do you think i should do about it. is it worth sanding it out and re painting the kit or should i add some weathering on top of it. Is weathering allowed on Stormtrooper kits to be approved. nothing to heavy just a little like you see on the clones in episode 3.

Welcome, James!  Posting photos (ideally close-ups) is always a great help in these matters.  What maker did you get the kit from?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 11:52 PM, kel voren said:

--------------

this is my right shin and is probably the worst of the glue on the kit

Have you tried freezing them and picking the glue off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You might try (slowly) running a razor knife right along the seam of the cover strip to break the bond of the glue a bit, and then try to carefully pick it off one small section at a time.  It may take a while, but it is worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...

if you cant fix the color problem you could always go sandtrooper :P

edit: also remove all that return edge the bottom of your shins and give it a good sand, will keep from scuffing paint off your boots

Edited by MrSnrub