Astrofest

DSS TROOP REPORT

EVENT:Astrofest 2017

DATE:18/03/17

TIME:18:00 to 21:00 approximate

LANDSCAPE/WEATHER:Indoor/Outdoor,cloudy 22+,great for trooping however not so much for star gazing.

TROOPERS:

IG21897-Johnathon-ImperialKanos

IC36367-Luke-Verfolger

TK10469-Ben-BennyTK

IG85421-Q-gmrhodes

TB20074-Wayne-Whereswa11y

SL98593-Garry-GAZMAN

ID59226-Jerry-jezzapm

TS98311-Peter-Heinous

TR40515-Melissa-Miss Red

TK671-Mark-TK671

TK77620-Aaron-Darth Reign

BH79815-Glen-Fett79

DZ13310-Liz-Liz

TK,that's right TK51164-Stuart-DV64

WRANGLERS:

4582-Michael-Chivo

Marie

Em

INTRODUCING AND TO THE RESCUE....Imperial Storm Dog

REPORT:All arrived on time some earlier than others.The change area was not ideal,we adapted well by making a change area wall with a 1000 stackable chairs.

As you will see our bucket off photo had most troopers included and it was remiss of me not to have another pic organised however the event had commenced and my photo had already been taken.(post pic later)

Astrofest,a star studded night of star gazing,information and education,great for families and for me one of the best troops of the year.

We all spent our time adding to the atmosphere,making ourselves available for photos and handing out glow sticks after I was reminded to get them,thanks Liz as they were a hit.

For me this was my first troop as a TK ID and I decided to keep a low profile,observing rather than participating in the usual high jinx,of course still having a great time.

Solid and liquid were provided by the organizers and point trooper had water,donuts,cookies and wagon wheels at the ready,Ben likes wagon wheels too much.

The event went quickly and before we knew it,time to call it a night.We had commencedthe troop after the start time and finished before Astrofest shutdown which to me worked well as we were there for the bulk of attendees.

Congrats to all as we raised $375 for Starlight which for a short period of time and for me crowd numbers seemed a little down due to the weather,so a great achievement.Thankyou all for your support.

Any and all troops there on the night please add your comments or pics.

CHARITY:Starlight Foundation $375

REPORT BY: DV64

astro5.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1