TheBlooperTrooper / TK-82898's Tour of Duty

Will edit this first post to hold a tally of all my troops!

1. Wizard World Comic Con Day 2, Cleveland Ohio, March 18, 2017 - 4 hours

2. Wizard World Comic Con Day 3, Cleveland Ohio, March 19, 2017 - 4 hours

Unofficial Troop 1,  Buckeye First Robotics Competition Regional Day 2, Cleveland Ohio, March 31, 2017 - 2.5 hours

3. Pinewood Derby Competition at the MAPS Air Museum, North Canton Ohio, April 29, 2017 - 3 hours

4. Akron Rubber Ducks Star Wars Night, Akron Ohio, May 4, 2017 - 3 hours

5. Carol and John's Comic Shop - Free comic book day midnight release, Cleveland Ohio, May 5, 2017 - 2.5 hours

6. Comic Heaven - Free comic book day, Willoughby Ohio, May 6, 2017 - 3 hours

7. YMCA Movie Night - North Canton Ohio, May 19, 2017 - 2.5 hours

8. Oddmall, Canton Ohio, May 20, 2017 - 3.5 hours

9. Cleveland Indians Star Wars Night, Cleveland Ohio, May 26, 2017 - 6 hours

10. Lake County Captains Star Wars Night, Willowick Ohio, June 3, 2017 - 4 hours

11. Lake Erie Crushers Star Wars Night, Avon Ohio, June 10, 2017 - 4 hours

12. NSO Pops John Williams Concert, Kennedy Center, Washington D.C., June 23, 2017 - 2.5 hours

13. New Philadelphia Parade, New Philadelphia Ohio, June 30, 2017 - 2 hours

14. Orange Community Center, Orange Ohio, July 16, 2017 - 2.5 hours

15. Barnes and Noble Pop Culture Fest, Woodmere Ohio, July 29, 2017 - 3 hours

16. WEPLcon, Willowick Ohio, August 5, 2017 - 3 hours

17. Summerfest, Lyndhurst Ohio, August 6, 2017 - 2 hours

18. Cantina Night, Cleveland Ohio, October 7, 2017 - 2 hours

19. Oddmall Toledo Day 2, Toledo Ohio, October 15, 2017 - 4 hours
20. Toledo Zoo Pumpkin Path Day 2, Toledo Ohio, October 22, 2017 - 4 hours

21. Toledo Walleyes Star Wars Night, Toledo Ohio, December 9, 2017 - 3.5 hours - photos to be added

22. The Last Jedi Movie Premiere, Mentor Ohio, December 15, 2017 - 2.5 hours - photos to be added
23. The Last Jedi Movie Premiere Day 2, Mentor Ohio, December 16, 2017 - 2.5 hours - photos to be added
24. Rise of Skywalker Movie Premiere, Mentor Ohio, December 20, 2020 - 3 hours - photos to be added

25. Fan Film Troop, Ravenna Ohio, July 31, 2020 - 3 hours - photos to be added

26. Tall Timbers Campground, Port Clinton Ohio, September 5, 2020 - 2.5 hours - photos to be added

27. Crocker Park Kids Fest, Cleveland Ohio, June 13, 2021 - 4 hours - photos to be added

28. Step Into Autism Family Day and Resource Fair, Akron Ohio, June 19, 2021 - 3 hours- photos to be added

Edited by TheBlooperTrooper
  • Like 1

1. Wizard World Comic Con Day 2, Cleveland Ohio, March 18, 2017

First officially suited up troop!

qlQavHu.jpg

Made a mistake and kitted up fully right before walking out without installing the battery to my helmet fans. Thankfully another trooper was on hand to help out, with another to document my rookie troop moment! :)

s7UcfvT.jpg

Facing some fearsome adversaries!

tMKcJOe.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations on your first troop!  There's nothing like the feeling of a first troop!  It's like that new car smell, only it's a new armor smell, the smell of E6000 in all it's prime glory, smells like, Death Star victory!

• Like 2

2. Wizard World Comic Con Day 3, Cleveland Ohio, March 19, 2017

Also my GML (Pictured on the left below) was quite surprised to hear I was still in high school. He said I might be one of the youngest members of the Legion!

Had some minor strapping issues, but nothing the duct and electrical tape from my emergency kit couldn't handle! 

tpb0aTS.jpg

Being shot at by a particularly accurate Division agent. (6 shots to the upper torso / helmet).

qVcivsR.jpg

More Blast-a-Trooper!

J60z4Ci.jpg

Another TK who wasn't in kit took this last photo, I love it! First con attended and completed!

WY5aJHb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on your first troop! And including a blast a troop is the perfect way to break the ice, and challenge your kit/strapping/range-of-motion/cooling. Your Emergency kit served you well. Always shave it with you, as you'll repair many a TK with it (most likely not your own).

PS, ANH TK's are left-handed ;oP ^_^

• Like 2

Congrats on your first troop! And including a blast a troop is the perfect way to break the ice, and challenge your kit/strapping/range-of-motion/cooling. Your Emergency kit served you well. Always shave it with you, as you'll repair many a TK with it (most likely not your own).

PS, ANH TK's are left-handed ;oP ^_^

I was alternating hands almost every photo taken .-. Good to know! And thankfully my Garrison was well prepared to help, be it advice or with strapping etc.

Edit to first troop: Adding a photo of me all suited up for the first time minus a helmet (I had forgotten to plug in a battery to the fans and thankfully had some backup from another trooper.)

• Like 1

Congrats Cameron!!!! 

Awesome job on the armor and even better getting out there and representing the FISD!!!

Proud of you and that AM 2.0 Armor young squire!!!

• Like 2

Congrats Cameron!!!! 

Awesome job on the armor and even better getting out there and representing the FISD!!!

Proud of you and that AM 2.0 Armor young squire!!!

Proud to represent! Just got around to ordering some Novus polish for my armor. It held together relatively well for the abuse I put it through in Blast-a-Trooper, but was scuffed / smudged to heck and back. Preparing for an EIB submission soon, and another troop in a few weeks in April. Exciting times!

• Like 1

Haha...Indoctrination by fire!<br><br>

Nov us is essential in that emergency kit! Mine held up pretty well, too...but had a few minor adjustments to be made. Got a LOT of compliments on the AM 2.0 armor...but, wouldn't have done it without the good old FISD!

• Like 2

Unofficial Troop 1,  Buckeye First Robotics Competition Regional Day 2, Cleveland Ohio, March 31, 2017.

My teammates in the robotics club saw I had a kit together and asked me to kit out for our yearly downtown regional. Brought it in today and spent about 3 hours romping around the Wolstein Center wearing my team's shirt over my kit. Had a great time and took a bunch of photos with people!

First photo I got by my teammates in our workshop / pit area.

EaPbgwp.jpg

I made some friends too!

L9qWvVi.jpg

Original of the above photo:

Vuos6kt.jpg

Post-troop photo. Was very warm, but I had a blast! The kit worked quite well. A few adjustments could be made on strapping and I need to replace the chemical gloves with nomex ones, but everything was otherwise great!

9VLxnD8.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

3. Pinewood Derby Competition at the MAPS Air Museum, North Canton Ohio, April 29, 2017

We were set up to the side of the main entrance at a photo station, with a few volunteers taking and printing photos right there for anyone who wanted them. Also, I was doing a test of both some Nomex gloves I had bought online and a "Blaster-cam" (Go-Pro strapped to the tip of my E-11 with a voice-button inside my helmet.

Overall thoughts: My mic for my Icomm disconnected once, but was an easy fix. My helmet could use slight padding adjustment, as it results in a tilted view, slanting downward and to the right to a minor degree. Otherwise, my armor held up pretty well while still allowing a better range of movement thanks to a redoing of some of my straps. I'd like to be able to get more of the kit on myself, but that should come with experience. Looking forward to my next troop!

Pre-troop photo as a test for the new Blaster-cam! (Officer is IC-21158)

wPhd1l2.jpg?1

With our awesome host, Ron!

v8QoOg5.jpg?2

His friend had to get a photo too!

CjzPTWR.jpg?1

The crowd was a little slow at first to join us, but started to pick up after everyone saw what was going on

D30lwwj.jpg?1

If anyone can think of a good caption for this next one lemme know! Also, sneak peak of the Jawa that joined us later on.

n743q8a.jpg?1

We were later joined in by TK-70746 and a Jawa!

f87YQmD.jpg?1

This guy stopped by multiple times. He couldn't get enough of us, and brought around loads more people to see us too!

0UuvlNe.jpg?1

We were even fortunate enough to get a photo with a trophy winner!

f4MILDe.jpg?1

We were even joined by a second trophy winner!

yGJEJgw.jpg?1

Photo showing off the rest of the hangar in front of our photo area.

MBhE7tw.jpg?1

More group photos!

IgMGWuF.jpg?1

Had a lull in the action, so we got a photo at an old instrument station.

f3z0hYA.jpg?1

Mid-troop break, right before I went back out.

DtzVQbo.jpg?1

We were even joined by a Scout Trooper! (TK-51800)

cN0SaAD.jpg?2

The afternoon went by rather fast. Everything went really well!

oVLgNCV.jpg?1

Maybe not the most glorious photo ever taken, but it's a group shot!

ryHOiDv.jpg?1

Took a pose on an old aircraft gun that we thought could be salvaged to serve the Empire's needs.

lIKW1dt.jpg?1

Got a final group shot from the people running our photo station.

zUMBzOX.jpg?1

Also it wouldn't post here for some reason but I got a video that I turned into a gif of the whole group before we called it quits.

http://i.imgur.com/JJVEnie.gifv

• Like 1

4. Akron Rubber Ducks Star Wars Night, Akron Ohio, May 4, 2017

It had been raining all day so we weren't sure if this troop was a go or not. We got lucky and the rain stayed away for almost the entire night, giving the group I was with nice trooping conditions. We were set up behind the stands behind home plate where a large portion of the crowd was waiting to see if the rain would come back.

Overall thoughts: I had a snap come undone mid troop, but fixing it only took a moment. Also, before the troop I used some #2 Novus polish to remove a lot of scuffs and some #1 Novus to keep the shine. Highly recommend it!

Quick test shot with the Blaster-cam

p0ymFpw.jpg?1

Another test shot (Officer is  once again IC-21158))

AEdtdQn.jpg?1

The crowd gathered around us the moment we stepped outside the prep area.

aqNzNey.jpg?1

The mascots were especially playful

T3gl6Gv.jpg?1

We got our group shot in a lot earlier than I expected!

pAiOBmD.jpg

The blaster-cam turned out to be a huge success!

74UQC7b.jpg?1

It worked out way better than I expected!

hFF5uQy.jpg?1

The thunderstorms kept the crowd small, but everyone who was there had an absolute blast. I know I did!

z73ei73.jpg?1

• Like 1

5. Carol and John's Comic Shop - Free comic book day midnight release, Cleveland Ohio, May 5, 2017

As part of about a dozen 501st troopers, mercs, and rebels, my group was deployed to a strip mall outside of a local comic book shop. We patrolled the area, taking photos as we walked on. Despite the rain, hundreds of people showed up, and many got photos with us! To top it off, we got early access to the selection of comic books available for the free evening.

Overall thoughts: My kit held up rather well, but my GoPro died earlier than I would've liked it to. Also, I used up all the water I had brought, so I need to plan for that in the future.

Full group shot by Steffanie O.

R79yK97.jpg

Trooper shot by Steffanie O. RC is Niner from the Republic Commando books. 

36ahT6p.jpg

Inside the signing and distribution area for the comic books.

1YxD7WO.jpg?1

Looking into better ways to conserve my GoPro battery. As of yet, my fans last at least 4 hours, but my GoPro makes it to about half of that. I'm hoping to at least get easy access to turning it off and on quickly when needed so I can easily save on battery life.

uYBYrlr.jpg?1

6. Comic Heaven - Free comic book day, Willoughby Ohio, May 6, 2017

Continuation of free comic book day trooping, this time at Comic Heaven. Changing space was small but we managed to get out just on time. Dealt with cold while in armor for the first time. The wind was awful, but otherwise conditions were nice.

Overall thoughts: All my snaps held up well. I might need to do some reshaping on the shins in the future, particularly the right shin, to ensure a snug fit. They work as is, but could be made better.

Shot of the inside of the store:

dhSc8CU.jpg?2

Blaster-cam is once again back in action!

Pd2BTbc.jpg?1

A photo with the other troopers

tFZ0qDA.jpg?1

Kylo looking extra-Kylo-esque in the background

sSeV9Y2.jpg?1

The Kylo guy is working on improving his Kylo kit and also joining the stormtrooper ranks soon with an ANOVOS kit he should be getting in a few weeks / months. Gave him some tips and told him to sign up here!

piUJTzn.jpg?1

Empire / First Order photo

piUJTzn.jpg?1

I'm gonna be labeled a traitor for this photo aren't I?

Nxkg9dy.jpg?2

Not too crazy far off from wookiee height!

X6Y2AXf.jpg?2

Lastly a photo with our awesome host and the owner of the comic shop, Jim!

PKDeFV6.jpg?2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7. YMCA Movie Night - North Canton, Ohio, May 19, 2017

Yesterday I attended a showing of Rogue One at a YMCA facility in North Canton, Ohio. The rain forced the showing inside, but there was still a sizable crowd! Had my first experience with some less than polite people when a few middle schoolers kept trying to jostle me around and annoy me. Ignored them and they quickly got bored and left, leaving me and my three fellow troopers / rebels to take photos in peace.

Overall thoughts: My kit held up well, but my mic became unplugged when I had to make a strenuous move to take a photo. Otherwise, everything went well!

It was Old Rex's first troop!

H8vCoDb.jpg?1

Full group photo:

7uDCLDA.jpg?1

We went out front to direct people inside, assuring them that the rain wouldn't have an effect on our movie night.

shfU4sV.jpg

We were stationed in a gym for the indoor location of the movie.

pkfrje2.jpg?1

Not able to see it, but I got to use my Imperial binders (upon request) to hold these two together.

XdJpBEt.jpg?1

People of all ages were getting photos for a few hours!

YL42O88.jpg?1

With our host, Christina!

5K6hkwq.jpg?1

Was a great troop!

TBVLSYG.jpg?1

8. Oddmall - Canton, Ohio, May 20, 2017

Today I joined a few others at Stadium Park in Canton, Ohio. After some issues with finding out where we would be changing, everything else went quite well. I met up with another TK, two Jawas, an Imperial Officer, and Boba Fett. The way the park was set up resulted in us going down one side of a stream, taking photos with people along the way, taking a bridge to the other side, then looping back to our starting point where we had our changing room. We were joined by a Scout Trooper halfway through our first lap! We did two laps total, lasting about 3.5-4 hours overall. We finished up by taking a few individual and group shots. 

Overall thoughts: Bringing a lot of extra waters on a hunch paid off, as the only water we had was from a single fountain that half of us couldn't access while kitted up. Also, my mic came unplugged once again, but this was at the very end of the troop as we were taking final photos about 5 minutes before we called it a day, so it seems like only a minor detail.

Funny troop moment: When we were taking a break, the other TK went over to one of the Jawas (Who he thought was his wife), and started asking questions like "How're you holding up honey?" etc., only to be surprised when we all realized he got the wrong Jawa. He was actually talking to the other one, who was the son of our Boba Fett guy. Needless to say, laughs were had all around!

Non blaster-cam photos credit to Linda G., one of the Jawas.

Pre-troop group photo

q3KhiM8.jpg?1

Blaster-cam is back in action!

qJR2JES.jpg?1

The guy dressed as Vader tagged along with us for a sizable portion of our troop.

ccVEBIP.jpg?1

Never come across someone happy to be arrested before, but you see new things every day!

cON4jDc.jpg?1

There were people of all sorts out today!

KTPu98P.jpg?1

With the event's mascot. Unsure why he had a vest though.

6X3BXnb.jpg?1

Our host Andy, pictured, told us to look for him by looking for Danny DeVito

XTudMIR.jpg?1

Full group blaster-cam shot!

w0asR51.jpg?1

Boba got arrested by a local cop. 

nHDTGVn.jpg?1

Full group official photo, including the entire cast from the MAPS Air Museum troop a few posts up on this page

Fv0Qzye.jpg?1

Buckets off shot

G91IKgG.jpg?1

Our glorious Imperial Officer:

0utgg5l.jpg?1

Officer continued:

sEIR9Nb.jpg?1

The other TK / soon to be Sandy (TD?) with his own custom made DLT.

vZExT6S.jpg?1

TK / Sandy continued:

AyepF1b.jpg?1

Jawa #1, main photographer of the post troop group and individual shots.

ZLF9gLa.jpg?1

Our ever-menacing Boba Fett

j5A1how.jpg?1

Boba continued:

dBo43im.jpg?1

Jawa #2, the taller one in all the photos:

QQeASwn.jpg?1

Our Scout Trooper. He was gloating a lot about his ability to sit and lift his visor at will to make us poor TKs jealous :(

kH7d9nD.jpg?1

Scout Trooper continued:

s3SmLbk.jpg?1

And last but not least, yours truly!

3SPjwb6.jpg?1

• Like 1

*snip*

I do have to ask, but do you have the remote for your gopro?  That might make it easier to turn on/off and switch to different modes.  

I like the 5 and it's easy one touch button on/capture mode.  

I do have to ask, but do you have the remote for your gopro?  That might make it easier to turn on/off and switch to different modes.  

I like the 5 and it's easy one touch button on/capture mode.  

I'm currently using a GoPro Hero 5 Session with a GoPro Remo. I've got the Remo inside my helmet using some industrial velcro on a spot just underneath my helmet's frown. Its battery lasts at least 4 hours at a time. I can use voice commands on it to control my GoPro much easier than in the past. For the GoPro itself, I've discovered that if you press the button on the back once, then the top button (the recording button), that is the shortcut to turn the camera itself off. Anytime I need to take a photo or video, I hit the button on the back once and about 3 seconds later the connection has been made, leaving me free to take any photos or videos I need!

• Like 2

I'm currently using a GoPro Hero 5 Session with a GoPro Remo. I've got the Remo inside my helmet using some industrial velcro on a spot just underneath my helmet's frown. Its battery lasts at least 4 hours at a time. I can use voice commands on it to control my GoPro much easier than in the past. For the GoPro itself, I've discovered that if you press the button on the back once, then the top button (the recording button), that is the shortcut to turn the camera itself off. Anytime I need to take a photo or video, I hit the button on the back once and about 3 seconds later the connection has been made, leaving me free to take any photos or videos I need!

Ah ok, I don't have the remo for my hero 5, but I was looking into it.  Of course I don't have the session, but instead the hero so the remo might not be as useful than just the individual pressing the button to just capture on the go?  Either way, nice going! :D

• Like 1

9. Cleveland Indians Star Wars Night, Cleveland Ohio, May 26, 2017

Last night I took part in a troop for Star Wars Night at Progressive Field. Attending was three Jedi, Rey, Han Solo, three TKs, one scout trooper, Kylo Ren, two imperial officers (one of whom changed to from an imperial gunner), a mandolorian merc, Boba Fett, and a royal guard. We initially set up near the gates behind left field, taking hundreds of photos  in two groups with those coming in. The TKs were then invited down to escort people to the mound for the first pitch. After that (2 hours in), we took our first break. We then went out and about into the stadium behind the outfield area to take photos in two groups once again. After some time of this, a few people had to leave, so we condensed to one group to continue photos before taking our final break (4 hours in). We finished the evening by taking a few more photos before proceeding down to the field as an entire group of all who were left to help with some Star Wars trivia and fireworks. Total trooping time was about 6 hours including breaks. 

Overall thoughts: I had one of the straps on the webbing that held up my thighs break, but I had a backup in my emergency kit that worked perfectly in its place. Also, I used a balaclava for the first third of the troop, but decided against it for the second half. It was a tad too warm for me despite the fact that it prevented my helmet from shifting at all on my head.

Making the upgrade to a Hyperfirm DLT-19, will hopefully have it in use at my next troop next week!

Non blaster-cam photos credit to Debbie S., wife of the mandolorian merc and a frequent trooper at many other Ohio events! On the field photos by David C., a future trooper!

Partial group photo. I'm in the middle!

eGJY81f.jpg

Full group photo. This doesn't do justice to Kylo's height. He towered over everyone there and nearly was eye-level with Chewie.

i70WDA6.jpg

Before we walked out for pre-game festivities, I got a photo with the other TKs at the left field gate.

X5SGp1C.jpg?1

With our awsome handler and future trooper, David!

cjCmw2S.jpg

Tried to get a grand shot near home plate but that angle was a tad crowded, so I tried for a full-field shot.

IY2N4Sb.jpg?1

I like this one better, but kept both in just because.

kgJmvX8.jpg?1

With our awesome event coordinator! Didn't catch her name sadly.

bUiOMUI.jpg?1

Final photo before walking out to the pitcher's mound!

nG5ICHm.jpg?1

We could've been a little better on our timing, but it ended up quite well!

ZbetNkl.jpg?1

Post-break one and back in the action!

snXfQxr.jpg?1

The trooper favoritism was high!

CYBGBbH.jpg?1

It's always a little funny to see how people don't know where to look for a blaster-cam photo even when I point to it and say "This is a camera!"

YatUtyP.jpg?1

Shout-out to the other TK here: He helped me build my kit and trooped with me at Wizard World!

9PeyRa5.jpg?1

Partial group photo of those who chose to stay late into the game.

5nOdBTz.jpg?1

Pre-firework fun behind home plate!

2j4kyem.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10. Lake County Captains Star Wars Night, Willowick Ohio, June 3, 2017 - 4 hours

Last night I took part in the Lake County Captains Star Wars Night. Parking was quite easy and very close to the changing location. We had six TKs, two scouts, an Imperial officer / gunner, Rey, Jyn Erso, a Rebel pilot, a Jawa, and a Wookiee in attendance. We originally deployed behind right field to an upper terrace where we took a few photos with people near a special access buffet that smelled tantalizingly good. After about an hour of that, a few others, along with myself moved out towards the front gate, taking photos as we walked. After some time, others joined us and we split into two close by groups to get lots more photos in a much shorter amount of time. A few people had to leave early due to a long drive, but most stayed till the end of the game! We remained near the main gate till the game's conclusion, changing before the fireworks began to beat the crowd. 

Overall thoughts: Everything held up rather well, but I need to make some to my belt to let it hang higher. I'm thinking of adding another snap to the cloth belt and possible a rivet to hold it in place even better and keep it from drooping. 

DLT-19 is slated to arrive Thursday a few days before my next troop! 

Non blaster-cam photos credit to Linda G. and David C.

TK-only photo! Accidentally blocked out a 6th TK who happens to be my GML!

IU5hbtk.jpg?1

We took a suspicious Jawa prisoner soon after our troop began...

zJJPyXY.jpg?1

We were joined by many loyal Imperial citizens!

NQnlHRu.jpg

The food I mentioned before was JUST out of the camera's view here. Was a solid challenge to not take off our buckets and chow down.

FFZG1DG.jpg

We were honored by two dark lords of the Sith!

eO26DtZ.jpg

Blaster-cam back in action! Hopefully to be upgraded to 2.0 before our next troop!

cS4Bhyy.jpg?1

Front gate view as people started to stream in!

di1dVFz.jpg?1

Empire only photo! Missing one TK sadly :(

AE72GB5.jpg?1

The best part of the troop was how people didn't realize that we could talk. Made me think of possible rigging some short range radio between TKs to allow TK-to-TK communication or to handlers if needed during troops.

iQylMZH.jpg

I tripped on the magazine rack pictured here several times...

3oWH1jz.jpg

The Imperial / First Order vibe was strong!

Yhh0b5B.jpg

More group photos!

5FTEl7G.jpg

Wish we could've synchronized our poses a little better, but everything went relatively well!

cdXXrdo.jpg

Our gunner made the switch to an officer's uniform and requested a photo to prove he was there for our local troop logs.

sPGmJeZ.jpg?1

One of the split-up group photos!

aAAt0vi.jpg?1

Our wookiee, NOT Chewie, from Episode III! Not sure exactly which wookiee he is portraying though, it's not my forte!

v1p1XxY.jpg

The wookiee was the guy playing Kylo from my previous troop for the Indians (9). He towers over the rest of all the members.

9Yzyb5v.jpg

If you call him Chewie one too many times this happens :(

125AaDn.jpg

We made up and I snagged a quick blaster-cam shot!

y3cqebT.jpg?1

We had a mix of ESB and ANH TKs in attendance.

3wX0R6C.jpg?1

The game ran late but the Captains won with a grand slam just after this photo was taken!

5CHURXA.jpg

Some of the awesome staff of Classic Park!

cZEYU8q.jpg?1

Full group shot, minus one TK and a Jawa. Ten troops down, a lifetime to go!

D6pxhO5.jpg

• Like 2

11. Lake Erie Crushers Star Wars Night, Avon Ohio, June 10, 2017 - 4 hours

Tonight I took part in the lake Erie Crushers Star Wars Night event at Sprenger Park in Avon, Ohio! It was the hottest troop I've taken part in at about 80-84 F. We were set up in the owner's suite behind home plate. I was excited to rig up BlasterCam 2.0 for the first time with the downright amazing DLT-19 that I bought from the folks over at Hyperfirm. The crowd started flooding in, taking photos with us right next to the front entrance. After a few hours, we made a visit to a suite to bid a fan a very happy birthday! We took a quick break and got some chow courtesy of the staff of Sprenger right in our room! We got back to the action, splitting up briefly to allow those who could climb on top of the dugout (Not Chewie and I :( ) to do a small dance competition. We ended our evening by arresting a very enthusiastic fan and taking a few photos with him.

Overall thoughts: The DLT-19 worked rather well, but the E-11 at my hip, while firmly secured, was odd to adjust toward wearing rather than holding. Otherwise, everything held up remarkably well!

Non blaster-cam photos credit towards Alex F. and his nephew, whose name I forgot.

Second half of the troop, but the first full group photo I could get!

p2zzzuT.jpg?1

The size of the DLT-19 honestly caught me off guard. I had seen it in person, but holding one for more than 20 minutes really puts its size and heft into perspective!

b3bMMYM.jpg

The handler pictured in the first photo acted as Chewie for the first half of the troop. It was very entertaining to see how limited his line of sight was even when compared to mine or the Imperial Gunner's sight.

2fPqgQV.jpg

Kylo and Rey took a small break during the first half, but I managed to get a photo of the rest of the group, including our other Chewie / handler Alex!

LeRLkwA.jpg?1

During the second half of the troop, Chewie and I were taking photos while everyone else was off conducting the dance competition. Taking photos with kids who weren't as tall as my gun was long was great fun! This kid in particular was a little overzealous, interrupting the flow of the photo-taking. End well in the end though!

ZWPCotE.jpg

Got one last outdoor photo as we were heading in for the evening.

lXJrQgX.jpg?1

Got a very impromptu group photo in the elevator to wind up the day and complete the troop!

0bd0QoP.jpg?1

• Like 2