Missing nut?

Dave (TK 34288) hit the nail on the head.  Just take the actual screw to Lowe's or Home Depot and go to the hardware section.  They have a plate in the hardware section you can screw it into to find the actual size (or just ask someone who works in that dept.).  You will probably have to buy a small package of them though, but that should be less than $2.00.

Side note:  It may be going overboard, but you might also want to get washers to go under the nuts. 

I agree with Joseph, I would definitely use flat washers under the nuts. <br>

Another suggestion to prevent you from loosing your nuts in the future is to use blue Loctite on the nuts. More specifically I would use the blue Loctite stick, instead of the liquid. The stick is much less messy and it stays where you put it. And if you ever need to remove the nut, the blue Loctite is easily taken apart. Do not use any other color of Loctite. The red specifically requires high heat to break the bond and the other colors are for sealing and gasket making.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...