Don Post Classic Action- Approved for 501st?

Hey all,

Brand new to the forum and the whole TK world!  I'm looking at the different brands of armor now and need to know if the helmet I already have will be approved.  So does anyone know if the Don Post "Classic Action" model that i bought about 20 years ago is acceptable for entry into the 501st??

You're joking ... right?   :blink:

Twenty years ago (1997) when the Legion was founded and before any actual standards were in place? Sure. Back then, you were lucky if you could get that. Hell, FX didn't even exist then.

Nowadays - not even close. The good news is that you have a nice piece of costuming history on your hands - I'd put it in a display case.

• Like 1

Hi Joe and welcome to FISD!  I noticed you put Empire City Garrison as your unit.  Where are you located?  Sadly as Brian has said your Don Post will not make the cut.  But please check out the getting started threads and you will find a ton of information there.  Please feel free to reach out to me at any time.  Our Empire City Commanding Officer is Anthony "Redforce" and my buddy Allan "allan1313" and I are also on staff at ECG.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  We would like to get you started in the right direction.  Please head over to 501ecg.com/ and say hello to everyone.

• Like 3

Welcome to the FISD, Joe!  You have been given some very good information, and although your Don Post bucket won't make the cut you should visit these two areas:

1.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

2.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

Your choice of armor depends a lot on your size, your rush to get it, and of course your budget.  There is a lot of research you will need to do, but know that we are here to help.  Steve (starsaber25) has an excellent knowledge of what steps you will need to take to become a shiny white spaceman, and he can help steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck on your TK journey, and again, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

• Like 1