Help with thigh trimming.

Newbie here. I am currently building a Shadow Trooper (Anovos). I have ran into a problem. I need to trim my thigh plates quite a bit and I am concerned about how to do it. I have overlapped the plates to reach the size I need but need to cut the excess. I saw a video and the guy cut right down the middle of the overlap (excess). I have also heard of just cutting from the outside plate. Any assistance you can provide would be awesome.

I'm kind of a newbie too, but I cut half the distance from either side (on anovos tk). It helped the end result line up better.

Just be cautious if you have bigger quads cause I overtrimmed just a bit and they were snug when I moved around. Luckily I used e6000 and was able to pull apart and add a small shim to make it back up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm kind of a newbie too, but I cut half the distance from either side (on anovos tk). It helped the end result line up better.

Just be cautious if you have bigger quads cause I overtrimmed just a bit and they were snug when I moved around. Luckily I used e6000 and was able to pull apart and add a small shim to make it back up.

587ff33ef217ad605d9387538169a5d8.jpg

84a3bd5f95a885be27b1baf35f051ab8.jpg

This is what I am facing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I did for the distance on things like that was use about 4 pieces of tape. Size it, then slice the tape along the edge of the overlap. The distance from what's left on the other side is the total of what needs to go away. Take it slow and keep checking the fit. One of the Pros on here probably has better advice though.

Either way, Good Luck!!

what i did is line up and fit mine with some tape on the inside so i could draw a line down where the outer half is overlapping(it helps to have another person do the line for you). then i measured from the edge of the armor to that line and took off half of that measurement from each side. I left a little extra on each side just to make sure i didnt get to tight. I would also recommend only cutting 1 side first and then refitting and making sure everything still works before making the cut on the other piece so that you can make sure everything still lines up ok. that can also get you a very straight line drawn to cut on and almost match the edges up to butt together better.. Hopefully that makes sense.