Black Series or no?

It is very heavily based on the Rogue One TK, which with a handful of mods could be basic approval once a CRL has been posted. You can see some of mine in my "HOWTO: Make the Black Series More Accurate" thread in the "Rogue One TK" section. I made that with the soul intention of making it to approval standards.

Also, CRL is currently in development! 

But back to the helmet. There will be those who say that it can't be done, or no way even with mods, but it doesn't matter if it's a toy. If it looks the part, you should have no problem getting basic. But I would suggest applying the armor early once the early CRL draft has been made, seeing as they are seeking to truly let people apply with basic, basic costumes until more info has been made. 

Edited by Par_
  • Like 1

For a bit more you can get a helmet kit that will be much better. By the time you get done with the mods I don't think it would be worth it. For a display piece I think the BS is great, but if you actually want to troop I would get a kit from one of the vendors that make them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

allan1313 thank you! <br><br>

I'm still finding my way around the site, so I'm assuming there's a section where I can find vendors for the helmet that are trusted?

No problem. Take a look at the getting started section. This post will have the most information:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11538-The-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them

Its a lot to digest, but keep asking any questions and we can steer you in the right direction.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Steve - My pal Allan has given you great advice. The BS helmet is really for a Rogue One trooper. And like he said you should look at that getting started thread and get a helmet that is for ANH. Take plenty of time to research. Buying armor is pretty much the most important thing you will do in this hobby. You want to make sure you are well educated before you pull the trigger.

• Like 1

Agreed with the posts above here.  It CAN be forced into a Rogue One bucket, but the rest of the armor is still a question mark.  It's not appropriate for ANH.

The thread linked above to pre-vetted vendors is the best option for classic Original Trilogy stormtrooper armor.

Well it's fine I suppose but 3 pieces can be a pain. You are in the U.K. Where you can get some of the best stuff around. Check out troopermaster, RS props or on Facebook check out the shed of glittering delights. I would go with them over this helmet. Where did you find this from?

This may be a silly question, but would a Black Series Stormtrooper helmet be acceptable for 501st legion trooping?

No. But it is perfect for display

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for all your help guys!!! I've done some research, and after the many awesome suggestions I got here, i spoke with Troopermaster as he is more within my price range. So hopefully I'll be placing an order for a helmet kit from him real soon!! <br><br>

Also... my friend just ordered his armour from Atlantic Composites here in the U.K., I'm not sure what the quality is like, but I'll post some pictures, and if it's any good for basic entry, i may look there myself until I can save enough for an RS Props Trooper! <br><br>

Start small and work up is my plan. <br><br>

Thanks again guys for all your help and advice! You all are true lifesavers!

Hi Steve. I just checked out that website. From what I can see, the armor they offer is the older FX armor. They even show a picture of the FX helmet as well as a MR helmet. I would urge you to stay away from that site. If nothing else I would show this to UKG members to see if it would be accepted by them. I think troopermaster would be the way to go.

It's definitely a FX recast. I'd say stay away.<br>

Doesn't mean your friend is screwed - if he makes the best out of it and changes the helmet, he might be accepted for basic approval or even EI. But I can't say that for sure without seeing some detailed pictures. It also depends on how good his building skills are ;)

Thanks for the heads up guys! Basically my budget is very limited at the moment otherwise I'd be speaking to RS Props for sure! Their armour is just a thing of sheer beauty isn't it? <br><br>

So whilst I'm trying to do things as relatively cheaply as I can, I obviously don't want to look crap at the same time. It's difficult to balance out the 2 though! <br><br>

I'm definitely going with troopermaster for a helmet! And I may even speak to him about armour too if you guys vouch for his quality? <br><br>

It'd be great if I could give the guy weekly payments til it's all paid up, and then he releases the armour to me if that makes sense? Probably a very long shot, but I'm very limited financially presently. <br><br>

Doesn't help that my 3D printer decided to spontaneously combust! Quite literally?

Both RS and Troopermaster make fine, high quality armour and you can't go wrong with either of them.

As for your budget, as frustrating as it might be, just take it easy and keep saving. You're making yourself a service by getting it right from the start, or you'll end up spending more to fix past mistakes. ;)

Sure! atlantic-composites.com

Pretty sure that will not clear with out a serious amount of work and replacement parts.

My advice is cheap armour is a false economy. Spending £250 on FX recasts now means you're just £250 further from a better kit that will clear.

If you're struggling money wise there are other UK sources that aren't TM or RS money that will clear with out issue.  Still not super cheap, but cheaper.  Also worth saying even the cheapest of good kits will needs a reasonable further investment to get from a brown box of parts to a clearable kit.

If you're goal is the 501st and the UKG then we will be able to offer you lots of good advice if you ask.  Sign up on the UKG forum (http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us/) introduce your self and speak to some of us.  Also worth popping to an event if you can.  We do most/all MCM events and lots of local cons too, there's a calendar on the website.  There's nothing like seeing it in the flesh to see what you're getting your self into.

Feel free to PM me if you want some help from a UK member.

• 3 years later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:26 AM, Myollnir81 said:

Hey all, I was recommended to this site for help.

Years ago I was a cadet with my local garrison, and I bought an ANH kit to start my path out, however right after purchasing my kit I had to undergo a few major surgeries.  This left me unable to complete my build.  I was only able to get partway through building the bucket.  It's been about 8-9 years and I am still not going to be able to do anything with the kit (and accessories) and I was hoping to sell what I have, it its uncompleted state.  Is there a section of this forum where I can do that?  Or another place I can look to sell?  I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you