snaps and rivets on kidney plate?

I'm helping my sister with her build and I've got a question about the snaps and rivets. I found Kev's photo in the Jes Gistang research thread and it looks like the snaps and rivets were added to the ab and kidney plate. But when I look at the CRL it only says to add them to the ab plate.

2014-07-13182709-1_zps7ec0e9cb.jpg.3644fbf51cf795beb5cb1a8477b7e6b9.jpg

I've looked at other build threads and photos of these two plates that show the snaps and rivets are hard to come by. The few that I've found seem to follow this pattern.

Is this approvable? Or should I glue snap plates inside of the kidney plate and only add the snaps and rivets to the ab plate?

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 11:09 AM, Jedi_Outcast77 said:

I'm helping my sister with her build and I've got a question about the snaps and rivets. I found Kev's photo in the Jes Gistang research thread and it looks like the snaps and rivets were added to the ab and kidney plate. But when I look at the CRL it only says to add them to the ab plate.

I've looked at other build threads and photos of these two plates that show the snaps and rivets are hard to come by. The few that I've found seem to follow this pattern.

Is this approvable? Or should I glue snap plates inside of the kidney plate and only add the snaps and rivets to the ab plate?

43a4012ed0996a9e2bcde8abc3270572.jpg

You must have the rivets and snaps for approval... here is how I did my wife's ... didn't do shoulder straps, didn't need I Velcroed the chest to the ab plate and back to kidney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

So just to clarify, when they say "rivets" on the CRL, what they really mean to say is the male and female side of snaps.  so AKA one side of your ab plate has to snap shut as per the CRL, the other side can Velcro shut.  Am I correct?