A sholder problem

Ok so ok I have my RS fully commissioned armor but on the 2nd time I put it on I nudist the buttons on both shoulders that bottons to the arms Is falling off what is the best way to sow it back on... due to the fact I am not sure how. It has six holes.

9d23ef07e87c442b2c1f3056557c2a91.jpg

eb429a6e76f80fe4883db744e9b69411.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Ok so ok I have my RS fully commissioned armor but on the 2nd time I put it on I nudist the buttons on both shoulders that bottons to the arms Is falling off what is the best way to sow it back on... due to the fact I am not sure how. It has six holes.

9d23ef07e87c442b2c1f3056557c2a91.jpg

eb429a6e76f80fe4883db744e9b69411.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Stitch all the outer holes to the strap. As Tony says a dab of glue once done will secure them.

Marc

• Like 1

I much prefer snaps to their sewn on pops, had to replace a few sets for fellow troopers.

Hey mate. I have snaps for my shoulders as well. Your RS has the screen accurate poppers. Neither are terribly difficult to do. Either hand sew the poppers back, or grab some snaps, have a practice with setting a couple first on some scrap elastic, and do those.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

Sew them back on using thick 'top stitch' thread. 5 or 6 passes through each hole is best and ideally the snaps should be positioned closer to your neck rather than in the middle. RS have an unusual way of placing them in the middle of the strap instead of to the inner edge of the strap like they are on the original armour.

shoulder.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Skylar...lots of good advice in this thread. I appreciate the question as it helps me decide what to do on my RS.

I struggled touching the sewn on buttons as they are like screen used. However, I chose to swap them out with Tandy snaps. I feel the Tandy snaps are more
Robust and will stand the test of time versus the sewn on snaps.

Final thought is whether to keep the elastic over replacing with webbing. This is more a personal preference, however, I found the webbing is more robust and keeps the armor well in place, reducing the gaps.

Thanks again for making this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt. Bilko
  • Like 1